The Student Room Group

Feedback on Oxford application.

I applied to Oxford this admission cycle, specifically Jesus college, and the college site states that it provides feedback on its applicants. Specifically: 'it is normal practice of tutors to report to schools and colleges on their candidates' applications, via the UCAS referee...'.

Does anyone know roughly when they send out this feedback?
Which subject did you apply for?
Original post by Frannoooooooo
I applied to Oxford this admission cycle, specifically Jesus college, and the college site states that it provides feedback on its applicants. Specifically: 'it is normal practice of tutors to report to schools and colleges on their candidates' applications, via the UCAS referee...'.

Does anyone know roughly when they send out this feedback?

I applied for HisPol reallocated to Jesus from Brasenose had 2 interviews there and was rejected. I still haven't received feedback and requested for it on the 8th. Feedback comes 20 days max after your request so not long to wait now in my case anyway.
Original post by simbasdragon
Which subject did you apply for?

Physics.
Original post by YemiHisPol
I applied for HisPol reallocated to Jesus from Brasenose had 2 interviews there and was rejected. I still haven't received feedback and requested for it on the 8th. Feedback comes 20 days max after your request so not long to wait now in my case anyway.

Do you have to request it? Maybe the policy differs between colleges, because at Jesus I had to fill out an interview form with one of the questions asking me to chose whether or not I wanted to receive feedback.. I couldn't find anything about requests.
Original post by Frannoooooooo
Do you have to request it? Maybe the policy differs between colleges, because at Jesus I had to fill out an interview form with one of the questions asking me to chose whether or not I wanted to receive feedback.. I couldn't find anything about requests.

I filled out the form and requested it via email as well so it would go to me not my referee. Were you successful?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by YemiHisPol
I filled out the form and requested it via email as well so it would go to me not my referee. Were you successful?

Yeah I was successful, so really getting feedback isn't that important but it would be good/interesting to know which parts of my applications were good and bad. Also I'm the first person from my school to ever get an offer from Oxbridge so it would be helpful for my Sixth form to understand more about the Oxbridge process.
Reply 7
I got feedback today and it sounds like I was totally stupid in the interviews
And they didn't even say what was the main reason to reject me
It's just like "you did this and that in this interview" etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending