The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Yeah, I just got an offer yesterday, which I thought was surpsiingly early.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 501
Cong! Which program are you in?
Reply 502
Original post by Trinity11

Cong! Which program are you in?
Thanks! I'm in Theoretical Physics
Reply 504

Are you a Scottish student or other ? UK /International ?
Original post by PLM98
Olé!! Yes, my school does IGCSE and International AS and A Level. What part of Spain are you from? Im from Malaga :biggrin: What course did you apply to??

Oh cool! I'm applying with international qualifications as my school doesn't offer A Levels. I live in Coruña☺️ I've applied for Biochem! What about you?
Thanks! I'm in Theoretical Physics

Wooo! Physics!
Reply 507
Original post by Pauli14
Oh cool! I'm applying with international qualifications as my school doesn't offer A Levels. I live in Coruña☺️ I've applied for Biochem! What about you?

A girl in my class has applied for Biochem at St Andrews too, I have applied to MPhys Mathematics and Theoretical Physics. I went last year to Coruña to see some friends, great city.
Has anyone received an offer for Management?
Original post by PLM98
A girl in my class has applied for Biochem at St Andrews too, I have applied to MPhys Mathematics and Theoretical Physics. I went last year to Coruña to see some friends, great city.

Hola! I am from Málaga too and I have also applied to St Andrews. What a coincidence! hahaha
Original post by PLM98
I wanted to enter in the second year, but although the website doesn't say it, I looked up on the school of maths website and you need A in Further Maths and I contacted them to check and they told me Further Maths was a requirement, but sadly I don't do further maths because my school does not offer the subject. I would have self-taught it myself, but when I realised I wanted to study the mathematical and theoretical side of physics (initially I wanted to study Astrophysics), it was too late to start self-teaching myself Further Maths at both AS and A2 :frown:

Oh, I see. Shame, I guess :<.
Reply 511
Original post by AlessandraB
Hola! I am from Málaga too and I have also applied to St Andrews. What a coincidence! hahaha

Hahahahahaha en serio???? What part of Malaga? And what course are you applying to? I know an Alessandra with a surname that starts with a B so maybe its you.
Reply 512
Original post by ArrogantJM
Oh, I see. Shame, I guess :<.

I was really upset initially, but i've realised I don't mind spending an extra year studying what I love and having a great time at uni.
Got an unconditional yesterday to study Astrophysics MPhys, can't wait! (Scottish student btw)
Reply 514
Original post by BurgerDonalds
Got an unconditional yesterday to study Astrophysics MPhys, can't wait! (Scottish student btw)

Congrats!!!
Original post by PLM98
Hahahahahaha en serio???? What part of Malaga? And what course are you applying to? I know an Alessandra with a surname that starts with a B so maybe its you.

hahaha Málaga capital y tu? He aplicado a Business Management
Reply 516
Original post by AlessandraB
hahaha Málaga capital y tu? He aplicado a Business Management

Arroyo de la Miel (Benalmádena) jajaja yo he apply a MPhys Mathematics and Theoretical Physics
Reply 517
Original post by BurgerDonalds

Great.. Scottish students - offers starting to come through ! Congrats
Got an unconditional offer to study Theoretical Physics today, I'm super excited!
Reply 519
Just got an unconditional for Computer Science! Extremely happy:biggrin: (Scottish Applicant btw.)

Quick Reply

Latest