The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Anyone studying Law at Lancaster University who got in with BTECs?

Hello, everyone! As I came to the UK less than 3 years ago, the people who advised me on my 'educational' choices influenced me to do BTECs rather than A-levels which I now realize is not a great choice if you want to go to a prestigious university. However, I am not giving up and still want to study at the best place possible. Anyone who got into Lancaster to study Law and was accepted with BTECs? Also I do not mind if you tell me of other universities you know that are likely to accept me. My predicted grades are 3 Distinction* and I am doing one A-level as well for which I think I am predicted a B.

Thank you!
Gabrield
Hi there,
yes, it is possible to receive an offer with a BTEC qualification, as I just did. I would personally say that universities are looking for a unique applicant who has conviction and a sense of direction behind their application, a BTEC is a perfectly viable qualification to lead onto a degree. Remember, universities are backlogged with applications for their degrees, mentioning the practical application of a BTEC can be one way to set yourself aside from the competition.
I hope this has been of assistance, if you have any further questions then feel free to reply,
Many thanks,
Rick Sizzler (Not my real name...)
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
I was accepted onto Law (LLB) with a Business BTEC! It's really helped knowing how to write essays and I haven't felt like because I didn't get in with my A-Level results that I'm any less equipped than anyone else here, it's been a fairly level learning ground.
Reply 3
This is great to hear! I am glad the skills you have developed during studying BTEC are helping you now. I actually received an offer from Lancaster and I am 99% going there in September.
Original post by gabrielladk
This is great to hear! I am glad the skills you have developed during studying BTEC are helping you now. I actually received an offer from Lancaster and I am 99% going there in September.

Hopefully i'll see you there!!😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending