The Student Room Group

Final year at university. What are people doing after graduation

Hi,

I am currently in my final year and at the moment I am doing so much university work - especially my dissertation which is due in the next 4 months.

I am living a life that is not so enjoyable social wise - but for once I quite enjoy it. I am getting work done though, and I do use TSR as a way to take a break and mingle with others.

One thing that has been on my mind however, is what to do after the university life. I haven't applied for any graduate roles and I was planning on travelling abroad to meet up with family, given the fact that the majority of my family live in North America. Money doesn't seem to be an issue at the moment, but it's more to do with life in general.

I don't know what to do in life, yet alone what to do after I graduate. I would say I was fairly successful academic wise - but not social wise. Like I didn't make a lot of friends at university and I never got a girlfriend. I am still in my early 20s and I have never had sex or made out or kissed a girl. Yes there is seriously something wrong with me - but I guess it is because I am Asian?

Anyways, enough about my life - what are people planning to do after graduation or post uni life?
I'm planning on having a break from education and to decide what I actually want to do in life!
Reply 2
Original post by rayquaza17
I'm planning on having a break from education and to decide what I actually want to do in life!

I guess you are in the same boat as me. I don't know what to do employment wise or life wise.

I don't really like London in general anymore. I didn't mind it so much five years ago and I really loved my area six to seven years ago. I wouldn't consider my family to be super rich, just middle class but our area used to be conservative. It was good living here but now its a dump. Recently there has been a spike of more drug use and theft and frankly it has been making me mad. Even some of the local residents who I have known for over ten years tell me that it is not the same as it used to be.

I think where I live and some of the bad experiences in life has made me wonder if I am better suited elsewhere.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending