The Student Room Group

Which popular Song do you hate right now

Right now I hate "just give me reason", I mean it's so old and I still hear people singing it

Scroll to see replies

[video="youtube;7GNIXFRK8gU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GNIXFRK8gU[/video]
Anything by Ellie Goulding nowadays. Was good to start off now just crap.

With the exception of 'Love Me Like You Do".
All My Friends and You Don't Own me are the first ones that spring to mind. Absolute cringe.
Reply 4
is "cheerleader" still popular? that song drives me insane ffs
What do you mean by Justin beiber.
Actually, anything by Justin beiber is complete s**t.
Reply 6
All of them, tbh
Sax by Fleur East....:angry: so annoying.

Original post by SeanFM
All My Friends and You Don't Own me are the first ones that spring to mind. Absolute cringe.

same haha
Original post by Emma:-)
What do you mean by Justin beiber.
Actually, anything by Justin beiber is complete s**t.

:naughty:

Sorry and Love Yourself are tunes.
Original post by SeanFM

OOO noooo .... :s-smilie:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by chantalc
Sax by Fleur East....:angry: so annoying.

Sounds too much like Uptown Funk
Original post by blackdiamond97
Sounds too much like Uptown Funk

yasss ikr
Anything one direction like history Justin bieber love yourself
Reply 13
I never listen to the charts....
Original post by SeanFM
:naughty:

Sorry and Love Yourself are tunes.

No they aren't.
And Justin beiber himself needs a good punch.
Love yourself by Justin Bieber. Don't like it at all.
Original post by iqra2159

Which popular Song do you hate right now?
Right now I hate "just give me reason", I mean it's so old and I still hear people singing it

Everything.

Just everything.

Especially when it's mainstream.

The biggest thing going against pop (and this pertains to today's rap as well), there's ZEROsatisfaction. When I finish listening to System of a Down, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, I am indulged in the hard work and creativity that was put forth to make that song.
It's a team effort.
The singer, the guitarist(s), bassist, drummer all have to put forth the effort or the product suffers.
In pop (and rap), it's the same recycled beat and topic. There's nothing to be indulged by. A lot of the time, the singer is autotuned to the point where you can barely make their normal voice out. There's little to no instruments and no creativity. Proper musicians experiment - good bands make songs showcasing the musicians' abilities and expressing creatively and experimentally with music.

Honestly, it's like the music industry has stopped trying to create GOOD music and has decided that instead of giving a quality product to it's consumer, "we're gonna recycle the same redundant sh*t. People will listen regardless, so it's less work for us!"

So, it's partially the people's fault. Instead of being an individual and developing a taste in music that is unique, they fell into the crowd that was following the generic blandness of today's pop industry. They have decided to not try to find decent music and simply settle for what's "in". That is a sad existence. Not to mention that a lot of the youth today have a incredibly short attention span, so they lack the patience to find a GOOD song/group and just want a catchy beat to party to. Just flat out pathetic.

I feel deeply ashamed to be part of a generation that thinks Rihanna, Olly Murs, Lil Wayne or Taylor Swift are the leading, most influential artists and shining beacons of the music world.
Original post by Goaded
I never listen to the charts....

The charts generally just shows the power of stupid people in large groups. That's why people listened to the Old Grey Whistle Test instead of Top of the Pops.

Juuuust saying...
Reply 18
Original post by DMcGovern
The charts generally just shows the power of stupid people in large groups. That's why people listened to the Old Grey Whistle Test instead of Top of the Pops.

Juuuust saying...

I agree. And I can't listen to songs that are so repetitive. Haha
Original post by REMLewis
OOO noooo .... :s-smilie:

Spoiler

Spoiler

:s-smilie: afraid not, I don't like the 60s one either :colondollar:

I like your new user title :wink: matches mine!

Quick Reply

Latest