The Student Room Group

Cambridge application

I unerstand you need to read widely around your subject for Cambridge.What books should I read for Gography?
Original post by Thomas6264
I unerstand you need to read widely around your subject for Cambridge.What books should I read for Gography?

Anything that interests you that's Geography related. The specific advice from Cambridge is:

"Remember that if you have decided that Geography is for you then you should think about reading as preparation for studying at university and not simply for an interview. Given the breadth of our course there is not a recommended list of titles, as such. Follow up on areas of your sixth form courses that you have enjoyed, and look at the topics that are covered in our first year course and keep up with the news. It is better to follow your interests, whatever they be. Reading a newspaper regularly and looking at periodicals such as Geography, Geographical, The Economist and New Scientist will also be useful."

Which sounds like pretty excellent advice to me. Having said that, if you want some ideas, have a look at this list published by Oxford's Geography department or this list published by King's College for offer-holders.
Reply 2
Original post by Plagioclase
Anything that interests you that's Geography related. The specific advice from Cambridge is:

"Remember that if you have decided that Geography is for you then you should think about reading as preparation for studying at university and not simply for an interview. Given the breadth of our course there is not a recommended list of titles, as such. Follow up on areas of your sixth form courses that you have enjoyed, and look at the topics that are covered in our first year course and keep up with the news. It is better to follow your interests, whatever they be. Reading a newspaper regularly and looking at periodicals such as Geography, Geographical, The Economist and New Scientist will also be useful."

Which sounds like pretty excellent advice to me. Having said that, if you want some ideas, have a look at this list published by Oxford's Geography department or this list published by King's College for offer-holders.

Thank you so much for all the help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending