Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ayanjama97
I've got an offer for Accounting and Finance

Well done
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Im a bit late to the chat lol:colondollar:
Im an undergrad student and recieved an unconditional offer for economics this morning. Anyone else doing economics?
Im doing econ and managemen
Is anyone putting portsmouth as their insurance? I'm worried about accommodation
Original post by LlamaCookies
Is anyone putting portsmouth as their insurance? I'm worried about accommodation

I will most probably put it as insurance the accommodation seems tiny
I'm worried if I put it as my insurance I won't get halls though since there seems to be a massive shortage
Original post by LlamaCookies
I'm worried if I put it as my insurance I won't get halls though since there seems to be a massive shortage

I mean if you place them as your insurance of course they will give the accommodation to those who have made them their firm first. However I'm sure there should be some go those who have them as an insurance. Are you going to visit Portsmouth at some point if so I reccomemend asking then and they should let you know. :smile:
Got a conditional offer to do Forensic Psychology and thinking of making Portsmouth my firm choice:smile:
I loved the Uni setting and I like the feeling of it - any advice?

P.s My course wants BBB but I reckon I'm on course for BCC do you reckon I'd still get in? I'd have roughly 340 UCAS points overall
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ellahenschel
Got a conditional offer to do Forensic Psychology and thinking of making Portsmouth my firm choice:smile:

P.s My course wants BBB but I reckon I'm on course for BCC do you reckon I'd still get in? I'd have roughly 340 UCAS points overall

Isn't 340 UCAS points the equivalent to AAB though?

Hmm, I mean they could be lenient. It all depends on a number of things, like how many spaces they have left on results day and stuff, so they may reassess your application but usually that's when you've missed out by one grade, two might be pushing it?
Original post by fairplaytoyou
Hmm, I mean they could be lenient. It all depends on a number of things, like how many spaces they have left on results day and stuff, so they may reassess your application but usually that's when you've missed out by one grade, two might be pushing it?

Yeah I'm aiming for BBB I'm just worried if I don't make it! Plus it says on here roughly what percentage of students got in with how many Ucas points and I can't tell whether that's overall, or just from A2 level?
Original post by arjunnpatel97
Isn't 340 UCAS points the equivalent to AAB though?

It is yes but including the points you get for AS level they add up
It is yes but including the points you get for AS level they add up

What as and a2 do you have and at what grades?
Original post by arjunnpatel97
What as and a2 do you have and at what grades?

I got CCDE, with psychology biology geography french, then i dropped biology for A2
I got CCDE, with psychology biology geography french, then i dropped biology for A2

Do you realise your as and a2 ucas points join together if they're the same subject? So if you get a B at as then C at a2 in the same a level the end grade will your total ucas points. So if you get a C overall that'll be 80 ucas points
Is anyone looking to live in private accomodation? I went ports i sept last yesr but had to take a gap year and from my experience living out is better than uni accomodation
i applied to Portsmouth and they have asked me to come to an open day for Journalism... Has anyone else got an invitation?
they have asked me to make a portfolio, have an interview and take part in a workship
probably making Kent my first and then Portsmouth my secondary choice
Reply 158
I have an unconditional offer for English Language :smile:. Any other mature students applying and choosing halls? I'll be 23 in first year.
I am considering making this uni my firm choice, but I have not heard positive things about their accommodations. Any opinions on which accommodations are better? I'm an international student so I won't be able to see the uni until I arrive for classes.

Quick Reply

Latest