The Student Room Group

City vs. Brunel vs. Kent

Hello, I have been accepted in these three universities for computer science, but I can't decide which one I should go to.. I don't really care about their buildings, funding or anything like that. I just want to know which one is the best to learn computer science. I look at their websites and rankings but none of that helps me at all. Please suggest me a university, if you have knowledge in that area. Thank you!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
City is great for placements and graduate jobs, crap for social life. (I'm here)

Brunel is crap for placements and graduate jobs and great for social life. (My friends are here)

No idea about Kent but it's in the middle of nowhere. (I had a friend who was here)

It's really up to you.
Reply 2
Hmm, yup everything keeps pushing me towards City. I will probably go there and I'm in a similar situation as well, everybody is going Brunel and me City lol.
Original post by KoKauH
Hmm, yup everything keeps pushing me towards City. I will probably go there and I'm in a similar situation as well, everybody is going Brunel and me City lol.

Well I just got an offer from City yesterday :smile:
Kent > City > Brunel

Kent has an awesome scheme set up with Cisco where you get to spend a year in their US HQ (in Cali, to boot) as a Software Dev.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by UWS
City is great for placements and graduate jobs, crap for social life. (I'm here)

Brunel is crap for placements and graduate jobs and great for social life. (My friends are here)

No idea about Kent but it's in the middle of nowhere. (I had a friend who was here)

It's really up to you.

Original post by KoKauH

I have an offer from brunel for bsc computer science.Is it really bad.Because i also have offers from coventry and will surely get offers from uwe bristol and nottingham trent

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending