The Student Room Group

mechanics help!!!

Hi I'm resitting m1 as I got a D in it last year. Can someone pls advice me as to how I can get better as I desperately need an A in it!! Like wot books do you recommend and when should I start revision... Someone pls help..thanks!
you can sign up to www.mathsnetalevel.com : for 3 modules it is £10 + VAT.
Original post by wishingwillow
Hi I'm resitting m1 as I got a D in it last year. Can someone pls advice me as to how I can get better as I desperately need an A in it!! Like wot books do you recommend and when should I start revision... Someone pls help..thanks!

Start revision now by doing all the questions in the M1 Edexcel textbook. Then go onto this website and do as many past papers as you can. Whenever you make a mistake in the past papers, make a note of it in a book. Overtime you will have a collection of different types of questions that you went wrong on, so when you encounter the same type of question int he exam, you will know how to do it. :smile:

http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/a-level-maths-papers/
Original post by DeadEnd_96
Start revision now by doing all the questions in the M1 Edexcel textbook. Then go onto this website and do as many past papers as you can. Whenever you make a mistake in the past papers, make a note of it in a book. Overtime you will have a collection of different types of questions that you went wrong on, so when you encounter the same type of question int he exam, you will know how to do it. :smile:

http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/a-level-maths-papers/

TThanks for ur reply..II heard that the book doesn't cover all topics... Are you talking about the red book or purple book? Did this technique work with you and what did you get?
Original post by wishingwillow
TThanks for ur reply..II heard that the book doesn't cover all topics... Are you talking about the red book or purple book? Did this technique work with you and what did you get?

This is the book I was talking about:

I am also doing the M1 exam this year and I this technique is currently working for me. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest