The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alexandra48
As far as I can see everyone receives their results on the same day at the beginning of February (if you sat it before 20th January). I sat mine on the 5th January ☺️ have you had a response for all of your offers yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope just heard back (positively, thank god!) from UCL and UEA! :biggrin: How about you? :smile:
Original post by CJaneH
Congrats! KCL, Oxford, Nottingham, Exeter and Leeds. Just waiting for Kings now, rejection post interview from Oxford and offers from the other 3. My friend has the same offer from UEA, but she doesn't know whether to firm it, are you going to?

I'm not sure whether to go for UEA or UCL tbh! There is a huge difference in the requirements but they were my two favourites and I'm spoiled for choice. :colondollar: Is KCL your top choice then?
Original post by CJaneH
Congrats! KCL, Oxford, Nottingham, Exeter and Leeds. Just waiting for Kings now, rejection post interview from Oxford and offers from the other 3. My friend has the same offer from UEA, but she doesn't know whether to firm it, are you going to?

Well done! What reason did Oxford give

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
I'm not sure whether to go for UEA or UCL tbh! There is a huge difference in the requirements but they were my two favourites and I'm spoiled for choice. :colondollar: Is KCL your top choice then?

I think so, if I get an offer. The conditions will be harder to meet but I can't ignore the career opportunities that you get from being so close to all the major law firms, although I haven't actually visited KCL yet :colondollar: But I do love Exeter as well, the campus is so nice and I love the general atmosphere. And I would be doing a slightly different course at Exeter too so lots to think about
Nope just heard back (positively, thank god!) from UCL and UEA! :biggrin: How about you? :smile:

Well done! ☺️ I have unconditionals from Aberdeen and Strathclyde (I live in Scotland but from London) still waiting on Glasgow, Edinburgh and UCL. My top choice would be UCL so fingers crossed!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by oli19919
Well done! What reason did Oxford give

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! They said that my lnat was overall good, my GCSEs were slightly below average but contextual information balanced them out (low performing state school), and that my predictions were very competitive. One interview was very good and one moderate, (I actually thought that the moderate one went awfully so that's quite nice), and that based on the stronger interview they would be willing to make me an offer however all the colleges had already filled up all their offer places. After speaking to a few other law rejectees it seems that most people who were put forward for other interviews didn't get any, so I'm imagining that applications were just more competitive this year though. Sorry for the essay haha
Original post by CJaneH
I think so, if I get an offer. The conditions will be harder to meet but I can't ignore the career opportunities that you get from being so close to all the major law firms, although I haven't actually visited KCL yet :colondollar: But I do love Exeter as well, the campus is so nice and I love the general atmosphere. And I would be doing a slightly different course at Exeter too so lots to think about

Yeah and the KCL law school really does sound excellent! Good luck, I hope you get an offer!! :fluffy: (I haven't visited any of my choices apart from UEA. :colondollar:)

Well done! ☺️ I have unconditionals from Aberdeen and Strathclyde (I live in Scotland but from London) still waiting on Glasgow, Edinburgh and UCL. My top choice would be UCL so fingers crossed!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! I'm so surprised with my offers so far, turned out far better than I imagined. :h: Well done to you too! Hope UCL pulls through for you! :yep:

Thank you! I'm so surprised with my offers so far, turned out far better than I imagined. :h: Well done to you too! Hope UCL pulls through for you! :yep:

Thank you☺️ I hope so too! Have you decided what your first choice would be?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sajabajax
Just got a Bristol offer :smile:

congratulations!!! when did you apply? i've been waiting for around 3 months now
Thank you☺️ I hope so too! Have you decided what your first choice would be?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Although I haven't conclusively decided as of yet, I think UEA is edging it slightly at the moment, I was very impressed with it. :love:

Spoiler

Got a Queen Mary offer last night and Bristol tonight :smile:
Original post by Solrac777
What As' and GCSEs did you get? Congratulations by the way!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got 9A* 1A at GCSE and AAAA at AS
Original post by fckinfightme
congratulations!!! when did you apply? i've been waiting for around 3 months now

Thank you!! I sent off my application on the 7th of October but I only took the LNAT 2 weeks ago (long story). Although loads of my friends that applied back in October/November haven't heard anything either
We're in it for the long haul then. :tongue:

Do you know how the universities receiver our LNAT? I did my LNAT in October before actually sending off my UCAS application. So how am I supposed to make sure the LNAT universities actually did receive my LNAT?
Original post by anon111097
Do you know how the universities receiver our LNAT? I did my LNAT in October before actually sending off my UCAS application. So how am I supposed to make sure the LNAT universities actually did receive my LNAT?

When you did your LNAT did you input your UCAS ID on the Pearson VUE website during registration? Also, did you check off the universities you wanted to receive your results on the same LNAT website?
If you did these things then you're all good. :h: May I ask the universities you have applied to and what offers you currently hold?
When you did your LNAT did you input your UCAS ID on the Pearson VUE website during registration? Also, did you check off the universities you wanted to receive your results on the same LNAT website?
If you did these things then you're all good. :h: May I ask the universities you have applied to and what offers you currently hold?

Yes I did both those things. Thank you :smile:
I applied to Kings, UCL, SOAS, Queen Mary and City. I'm still waiting for UCL and Kings but I got offers from the other three! What about you?
Original post by ds1998
Got a Queen Mary offer last night and Bristol tonight :smile:

Wow congratulations!
Original post by anon111097
Yes I did both those things. Thank you :smile:
I applied to Kings, UCL, SOAS, Queen Mary and City. I'm still waiting for UCL and Kings but I got offers from the other three! What about you?

If you check the KCL portal, in the messaging section, they would have informed you had your LNAT not been received so no worries, looks like it's all right from that front! :h: Plus, I think you can still check on the Pearson VUE website if it puts your mind at ease(?)

Woo! Congrats, do you have a favourite? I have offers from UCL and UEA. :biggrin: Waiting for Bristol, Birmingham, and KCL - same as you!!
Reply 1658
Original post by Student98x
I have no idea, but I'm just really impatient aha! I feel like I'm forever checking track😓

Ahh same such a horrible time 😩 where else have you applied?x
Does anybody think applying to a university such as Nottingham with AS Grades ABBC is very weak? Are the chances of an offer low for law?

Latest

Trending

Trending