s1- 86 UMS

Thanks
Original post by georgia44
I am aiming for an A* so is it worth retaking an AS module:
c1- 85 UMS
c2- 90 UMS
s1- 86 UMS

Thanks

No - an improvement in those won't help towards the A*. To score an A* in Maths, you need to score an average of 80% over the whole Maths A-Level and at least 90% (i.e. 180/200) over C3 and C4.
c1- 85 UMS
c2- 90 UMS
s1- 86 UMS

Thanks

Your AS UMS marks are absolutely fine. Just concentrate on getting 90+ in C3, C4 and in your third module. :smile:
Wait wait what?, i may need some explanation. So if you score avg 80% (UMS) in AS mathematics. Retaking wont help you achieve an A*, So even if i average 90UMS across AS and A2 but my C3 for example is at 88 UMS i wont get an A*??
Original post by Formless
Wait wait what?, i may need some explanation. So if you score avg 80% (UMS) in AS mathematics. Retaking wont help you achieve an A*, So even if i average 90UMS across AS and A2 but my C3 for example is at 88 UMS i wont get an A*??

Not necessarily - if your C4 mark is high enough to pull your c3 and c4 average up to 90% (i.e. 180/200 over both C3 and C4), then you'll still score an A*. However, if your C4 mark is also lower and doesn't bring your C3/C4 average up to 90%, then it'd be an A rather than an A*.

Literally all you need for an A* is an A + 180/200 in C3/4
Original post by usycool1
Not necessarily - if your C4 mark is high enough to pull your c3 and c4 average up to 90% (i.e. 180/200 over both C3 and C4), then you'll still score an A*. However, if your C4 mark is also lower and doesn't bring your C3/C4 average up to 90%, then it'd be an A rather than an A*.

Ahhh i see now,
80% Average at AS + 90% Average in A2 Modules = A*, Thank you for the clarification, i assume this is the same for other subjects?
Original post by Student403
Literally all you need for an A* is an A + 180/200 in C3/4

Yeah cheers for the clarification, surely it includes a third unit as well?
Ahhh i see now,
80% Average at AS + 90% Average in A2 Modules = A*, Thank you for the clarification, i assume this is the same for other subjects?

Careful - Not A2 modules - just C3+C4 - not your other applied that you would take at A2.

In all other subjects AFAIK it's 90% at A2.

Maths is generous :3

No it doesn't
Reply 9

No it doesn't! Just average 90 over c3 and c4 !

In subjects like chemistry and physics, you have to average 90% ums across the whole a2 (including coursework) and 80% across everything for a* (i.e. very ****ing hard -.-)
Careful - Not A2 modules - just C3+C4 - not your other applied that you would take at A2.

No it doesn't

Ahhh perfect, you answered my query completely. This helps me so much, im a psuedo god at Core, mechanics meh, Literally have never been told this by my school. Cheers man, MathsMasterace :3
Ahhh perfect, you answered my query completely. This helps me so much, im a psuedo god at Core, mechanics meh, Literally have never been told this by my school. Cheers man, MathsMasterace :3

Yes! I wasn't told either - and yeah I'm better at FP/Core than Mechanics/Stats/Decision, even though I want to do Engineering at uni xD

No it doesn't

Original post by Notions
No it doesn't! Just average 90 over c3 and c4 !

In subjects like chemistry and physics, you have to average 90% ums across the whole a2 (including coursework) and 80% across everything for a* (i.e. very ****ing hard -.-)

This is a revelation, Cheers guys!
The Imperial dream is looking attainable
This is a revelation, Cheers guys!
The Imperial dream is looking attainable

Oooh have you an offer? Which course??
Yes! I wasn't told either - and yeah I'm better at FP/Core than Mechanics/Stats/Decision, even though I want to do Engineering at uni xD

Ahaha same dude, Engineering applicant here aswell xD
Oooh have you an offer? Which course??

Interview for Electronic and Electronic Engineering in a week, Have a few A*AA offers so you really cleared up some discrepancies i had about the A*
Interview for Electronic and Electronic Engineering in a week, Have a few A*AA offers so you really cleared up some discrepancies i had about the A*

Ooh good luck! My friend has his EEE interview too in a week :smile:
Ooh good luck! My friend has his EEE interview too in a week :smile:

Cheers, what course you applied for?
Cheers, what course you applied for?

Aero :smile:
c1- 85 UMS
c2- 90 UMS
s1- 86 UMS

Thanks

Just to be totally clear:

For an A you need at least 480/600 UMS from six modules (c1 to C4) plus two application units.

For the A*, at least 180 UMS must be from C3 and C4 added together.

You have 261/300 already so need 180 in C3 and C4 and a very low mark [39 UMS] in the other application unit! I'm not suggesting to go for that mark though ...

Quick Reply

Latest