The Student Room Group

AS Exams Revision-Yr12s

Hi All!!!!!
so for most of us we have done our mock exams(actually that may be all of us) but anyway and some of us have also gotten our mock results back. So now we now where were working at,and we can now focus on improving these grades by exams season. So feel free to leave revision tips and habits and how you're preparing for the exams looming.
(taking bio chem and maths, so if anyone's choices are like mine, feel free to comment)
hope this helps:smile:
Reply 1
I'm taking my mocks in February! :s-smilie:
Original post by FJCX
Hi All!!!!!
so for most of us we have done our mock exams(actually that may be all of us) but anyway and some of us have also gotten our mock results back. So now we now where were working at,and we can now focus on improving these grades by exams season. So feel free to leave revision tips and habits and how you're preparing for the exams looming.
(taking bio chem and maths, so if anyone's choices are like mine, feel free to comment)
hope this helps:smile:

Original post by krishugh
I'm taking my mocks in February! :s-smilie:

My mocks are in February too - not looking forward to them :/ I've only just started revising - taking bio, chem, maths, spanish and further maths
Reply 3
Original post by #sarahsmith2
My mocks are in February too - not looking forward to them :/ I've only just started revising - taking bio, chem, maths, spanish and further maths

Ive done revision through out the year and i've been in a constant cycle of having to catch up but i
Reply 4

Ive done revision through out the year and i've been in a constant cycle of having to catch up :/

I take Biology, chemistry and photography and I send my best of luck to you! We can do this :h:
Ive done revision through out the year and i've been in a constant cycle of having to catch up but i

I've sort of only just realised how soon exams are - I vowed to revise throughout the year but didn't really end up doing as much as I'd hoped - Spanish is my main worry but once the speaking's out of the way I should hopefully be okay with the written exam... but there's so many topics to revise for it I almost don't know where to start and keep avoiding it! - Maths and further maths I love, we do enough maths revision as homework but I'll have to up the anti with further maths. Chemistry and Biology are definitely possible to get the revision done in time if I start now but probably won't be as thorough revision as I had hoped.
Ive done revision through out the year and i've been in a constant cycle of having to catch up :/

I take Biology, chemistry and photography and I send my best of luck to you! We can do this :h:

Haha only just saw the other half of your message! Damn yes bro!!! We can do this... and get great grades!
Reply 7
It's ~4 months too early to start revision.
Original post by Xsk
It's ~4 months too early to start revision.

Don't do that to yourself dude! Plus in 4 months we'll be half way through our exams
Reply 9

good luck to you both, how are you planning to revise for them?
Reply 10
Haha only just saw the other half of your message! Damn yes bro!!! We can do this... and get great grades!

Yes we can,got to be extra determined
Original post by FJCX

Maths/Further Maths - Past papers and questions till I'm sick of that stuff - we spend a lot of time in class/for homework doing these anyway - probably not going to need to do too much on my own

Spanish - Revise topic specific vocab for all the topics we have done (bring out those flashcards!) and then work on exam technique by doing loads of past papers and practicing weak areas - also doing practice written exams/speaking exams and revising the tenses, and the 'golden phrases' that get you marks - going to have to do quite a bit of this at home myself - almost don't know where to start :/

Bio/Chem - My revision techniques are similar for these two - I first make notes out of the book for every topic - they're quite concise, I just feel that writing them out ensures that I read the whole page to pick out the key information and this remains in my brain a lot longer - I couldn't just sit and read the textbook - I'd get distracted, and my notes are good to look over before the exam :smile: Every now and again I'll make mind maps as well- when the time calls for it :smile: - did this more so in physics GCSE than anything else - I put in a bit of colour if I'm getting bored - and lots of diagrams - especially in Biology - some may call this wasting time but it really helps me to remember. I then start doing past papers, sometimes I start before this but oh well, and any questions I can find in revision guides etc. At some point in between this, or usually I do this over the year for individual topic tests, but I'll top up for any ones I've missed - I make flashcard like things on the computer (they're actually just a piece of paper folded over but that works better for me in science than actual flashcards) with as many possible questions that I can think of - these are great to do standing outside of an exam hall as well - as I found out in GCSE - keeps you focused.
Original post by FJCX
Yes we can,got to be extra determined

Yes! Somehow I'm great at talking about how I revise (see the post above haha) but it's really hard for me to get into it. Once I've started properly it's full speed ahead but till then... :/

Anyway - WE CAN SO DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are some motivational quotes that I posted in some other thread a while ago!

Work hard, Dream big...

Push yourself, because no one else is going to do it for you.

A year from now, you'll wish you started TODAY.

Yesterday, you said tomorrow.

Revision is a cu**, but failure is worse.

Don't give up what you want most for what you want now.

And finally... Get off yo ass and pick up that textbook
Original post by FJCX

Oh and good luck to you too!
Reply 14
Yes! Somehow I'm great at talking about how I revise (see the post above haha) but it's really hard for me to get into it. Once I've started properly it's full speed ahead but till then... :/

Anyway - WE CAN SO DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are some motivational quotes that I posted in some other thread a while ago!

Work hard, Dream big...

Push yourself, because no one else is going to do it for you.

A year from now, you'll wish you started TODAY.

Yesterday, you said tomorrow.

Revision is a cu**, but failure is worse.

Don't give up what you want most for what you want now.

And finally... Get off yo ass and pick up that textbook

I'm exactly like you!! The difficulty of putting down my phone and actually sitting down to do it

Quick Reply

Latest