The Student Room Group

graduate entry dentistry at UCLAN 2016 entry

Scroll to see replies

Thank you for that btw really appreciate it!!
Reply 21
Bending wire or manipulating wax. Honestly I wouldn't worry too much about that one. An educated guess, we may get an image and were to try and construct something similar. Hey it's no problem. Your welcome :smile:
Okayy thanks! All the best with your prep! :smile:
Reply 23
guys i got an interview too, its on 14th, any tips/advice?
Reply 24
Reply 25
thanks man! thank was good! loved the last few mins :u::smile:

Reply 26
Original post by _husaini_
guys i got an interview too, its on 14th, any tips/advice?

My interviews on the 14th too mate! I'm a bit confused as to how to really prepare for the MMI - how are you all doing it? Also does anyone know any example questions?
Hi ive got an interview too. I hope everyones revision is going well! I was really confused about the manual dex test which says manipulating wax? What does that mean? Any help pls!!
Reply 28
Original post by Amsiebash
Hi ive got an interview too. I hope everyones revision is going well! I was really confused about the manual dex test which says manipulating wax? What does that mean? Any help pls!!

Hey, you too! So if you read the covering letter of the interview that tells us whats in it, it actually says that the wax manipulation is to give credit to people with natural flair and that the other forms part of the MMI circuit! Don't think you need to worry about it - just check the letter you got from them and you'll see what i mean - What date is your interview?
Reply 29
Original post by Amsiebash

to be honest I'm more worried about the questions than the manual dexterity tasks, whatever task it is we will be given clear instructions and be able to think it through in the two minutes prior to the task, how are you doing with question prep?
Reply 30
Original post by ryans-13
My interviews on the 14th too mate! I'm a bit confused as to how to really prepare for the MMI - how are you all doing it? Also does anyone know any example questions?

good luck! example questions would be things like, "why dentistry", "why UCLAN", "good attributes of a dentist"..
Reply 31
Offer from UCLAN! Anyone else?
Reply 32
Yep - looking to set up a fb group if you're interested?
Reply 33
Original post by dkwt
Yep - looking to set up a fb group if you're interested?

That'll be great! :smile:
Original post by VT180
That'll be great! :smile:

Hey guys I got a offer from UCLAN too yesterday ! :biggrin:

VT180 what a great idea to set a fb group up! Please do link us when its done.

So excited to meet you all in September!!! ^^ are you all most likely going to go to UCLAN?

Anyone abit concious about funding for the course?I emailed UCLAN yesterday regarding finances as Department of Health yet to annouce the funding for 2016 entry. Hope it stays the same as previous years! :smile:
Reply 35
Original post by FujiApple
Hey guys I got a offer from UCLAN too yesterday ! :biggrin:

VT180 what a great idea to set a fb group up! Please do link us when its done.

So excited to meet you all in September!!! ^^ are you all most likely going to go to UCLAN?

Anyone abit concious about funding for the course?I emailed UCLAN yesterday regarding finances as Department of Health yet to annouce the funding for 2016 entry. Hope it stays the same as previous years! :smile:

I got accepted yesterday also. Definitely going to UCLan, looking forward to meeting everyone too. A FB group is a great idea.

I'm really worried about finance too! After the announcements of cuts on SFE grants, I'm worried what else will be cut. I'm hoping and assuming that SFE will still give us a loan towards tuition fees (the value up to the NHS bursary value if applicable this year)? Otherwise affording this financially is going to be a struggle! If you can let us know what UCLan say that would be great!
Reply 36
I've tried to post the fb link here but my comment is "under review" - so if you just search for UCLan Dentistry Offer Holders 2016 and request to join I can add you
Reply 37
Original post by dkwt
I've tried to post the fb link here but my comment is "under review" - so if you just search for UCLan Dentistry Offer Holders 2016 and request to join I can add you

Just copied and pasted that and nothing comes up.. Weird
Reply 38
/groups/1527547147545300/
Reply 39
Try adding that to the url after.com

Quick Reply

Latest