The Student Room Group

Is it possible for cambridge to accept me if i have acheived these grades

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Iam a really average person.. but that doesnt mean i cant do anything,
Woah @me2* i feel really bad, i thought you were trolling,

I'm sorry to have to tell you honestly, but I don't want to give you false hope.

Look, I know how rejection feels because you've set your sights too high and it's pretty painful (especially with medicine).

My advice would be to do some research, apply next year (as UCAS deadline is passed) and have a look at some Russell Group unis who would consider your application.

Have a look at Nottingham and Warwick, for example, (for anything but law, maths or medicine) and see their entry requirements for subjects. I'm sure some would admit you with an AAB average (A*AC).

Could you perhaps resit the C grade?
Original post by Goondance
I think it's absolutely worth a shot

Look, don't try and give people false hope. It's not fair - it's a lot more devastating to apply and get rejected without an interview, trust me.
Reply 24
Original post by Cadherin
I'm sorry to have to tell you honestly, but I don't want to give you false hope.

Look, I know how rejection feels because you've set your sights too high and it's pretty painful (especially with medicine).

My advice would be to do some research, apply next year (as UCAS deadline is passed) and have a look at some Russell Group unis who would consider your application.

Have a look at Nottingham and Warwick, for example, (for anything but law, maths or medicine) and see their entry requirements for subjects. I'm sure some would admit you with an AAB average (A*AC).

Could you perhaps resit the C grade?

Actually these are what i have predicted
Actually im having a2 exams and could possible get better grades

Thank you for your advice
Reply 25
Original post by me2*

For which course?

If you achieve A*A*A (or better) in your A-levels it may be worth applying post A-level in Oct 2016 for entry in 2017.
Possible? Yes. Probable? No.
Original post by me2*

Oh, ok, that's fair enough. If you apply next year post-A2 and get A*AB or AAA minimum, you could take a look at some really good Russell Group courses in sciences I'm guessing, looking at your A-levels.

Good luck. It may not seem like this now, but everything happens for a reason.
Reply 28
Original post by jneill
For which course?

If you achieve A*A*A (or better) in your A-levels it may be worth applying post A-level in Oct 2016 for entry in 2017.

Mechanical engineering
Reply 29
Oh, ok, that's fair enough. If you apply next year post-A2 and get A*AB or AAA minimum, you could take a look at some really good Russell Group courses in sciences I'm guessing, looking at your A-levels.

Good luck. It may not seem like this now, but everything happens for a reason.

Could i apply to mit by chance?
Original post by me2*

I'm afraid American institutions like MIT are extremely competitive and likely harder to get into than Oxbridge, so wouldn't advise that. You'd need extremely good academic history in addition to near perfect SAT scores.
Engineering is really competitive also, especially Oxbridge and Imperial, so I wouldn't advise Cambridge because of UMS and Oxford/Imperial because of GCSEs/overall academic performance.Durham or Nottingham may be worth a shot though if you can get A*AA (pull that C grade up).
Reply 31
I'm afraid American institutions like MIT are extremely competitive and likely harder to get into than Oxbridge, so wouldn't advise that. You'd need extremely good academic history in addition to near perfect SAT scores.
Engineering is really competitive also, especially Oxbridge and Imperial, so I wouldn't advise Cambridge because of UMS and Oxford/Imperial because of GCSEs/overall academic performance.Durham or Nottingham may be worth a shot though if you can get A*AA (pull that C grade up).

Thank you very much! I will try
Original post by me2*

such a troll xD
Reply 33
Original post by Foxab77
such a troll xD

Look foxab i could make it to MIT
Reply 34
Original post by me2*
Mechanical engineering

Typical offer is A*A*A with Maths & Physics required and FM pretty much needed too.

If you are applying post A-level you will really need A*A*A* to be in with a reasonable shout.
Reply 35
Original post by jneill
Typical offer is A*A*A with Maths & Physics required and FM pretty much needed too.

If you are applying post A-level you will really need A*A*A* to be in with a reasonable shout.

I guess i wont make it then, thanks anyway
Original post by me2*
Look foxab i could make it to MIT

ofcourse m9
Reply 37
Original post by Foxab77
ofcourse m9

Lol overload
A*AC is below the standard offer...
I have a friend who got slightly better GCSEs, four A grades at AS, and was predicted A*A*A. They got rejected after an interview. It depends on the subject, the interview and whatever entry exams there are though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending