The Student Room Group

Bank of England Graduate Scheme 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by kinglis
Me neither, which i'm assuming means rejection.

Oh no, but I didn't do badly on the technical exercise... Let's wait until next Monday...
Reply 141
Original post by econboy
Oh no, but I didn't do badly on the technical exercise... Let's wait until next Monday...

At this point they will have considered people based on all the stages I imagine
Original post by kinglis
At this point they will have considered people based on all the stages I imagine

I think Monday will be the last day of handing out invitations. Otherwise it'll be another crossed off the list

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah it's strange. My guess is that they sent invitations for the technical exercise before they properly evaluated the other stages, because I did well too and it would make no sense if I was dropped off because of that.
Reply 144
Original post by kinglis

Original post by econgrad16
Yeah it's strange. My guess is that they sent invitations for the technical exercise before they properly evaluated the other stages, because I did well too and it would make no sense if I was dropped off because of that.

But then again, what other stages were there? We had to pass the tests to get to video interview so presumably that went OK for us; as someone mentioned before it's highly unlikely that HR watched all few hundreds of them... So what remains is the application itself - did they consider the name of the uni you went to? I think Bank is too meritocratic for that but it may be just my naive expectation.
Reply 145
Just received a reply that says they are still considering applications.. So unsure what is happening.
Reply 146
Original post by kinglis
Just received a reply that says they are still considering applications.. So unsure what is happening.

ah thanks for the update! did they say anything about how many ACs they had held/ how many they were going to hold?
Reply 147
Original post by meiji68
ah thanks for the update! did they say anything about how many ACs they had held/ how many they were going to hold?

Nope, they were as brief as always.
Reply 148
Just got a reply saying I need to do ANOTHER test before I can get the AC
Reply 149
Anybody going for a Supervision assessment centre tomorrow?
Reply 150
Anybody going to supervision assessment centre tomorrow?
Original post by kinglis

Did you email them before or what is just a random update?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 152
Original post by puddinboy
Did you email them before or what is just a random update?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was after a chasing email
Original post by kinglis
Was after a chasing email

This is very strange.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just an update. Been a busy week so far! Got a rejection email a day or 2 ago. Good luck to those who still have a chance.
Original post by econboy
I still haven't heard from them...

I guess you did in the end?
Strange, I still haven't received anything from them. I just gave them a call, they told me my application was still being considered and that ACs were still taking place. Were not able to tell me whether all the ACs were still going to be finished this week or whether there had been an extension to the dates.

Original post by DarkPeople
Just an update. Been a busy week so far! Got a rejection email a day or 2 ago. Good luck to those who still have a chance.
Original post by econgrad16
Strange, I still haven't received anything from them. I just gave them a call, they told me my application was still being considered and that ACs were still taking place. Were not able to tell me whether all the ACs were still going to be finished this week or whether there had been an extension to the dates.

I am also still awaiting to hear back! I emailed late last week and they said they were still considering me. I fear the AC's are only being held this month as well :frown:.
Anyone that still hasn't heard back yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by puddinboy
Anyone that still hasn't heard back yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup, here, for the summer internship... I'm getting quite worried as I'm not really able to attend next week PLUS I am abroad so even in the incredibly unlikely case that I don't get rejected, it's already a lost case...

Guess we'll get the '...soz, no' email tomorrow :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest