The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Brunel PGCE 2015-2016

Hi everyone,

I looked around for a forum for people wanting to start PGCE in 2015 but couldn't find it so though i would set one up. Has anyone received offers for interview yet or has anyone attended any interviews yet?
Does anyone know any details of what is included in the maths test as feel very nervous about it as finished schools what seems like years ago..

thanks

Scroll to see replies

Hey, sorry to see you haven't had any replies to your thread yet. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help get more responses. :redface:

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here. :h: It's worth checking out if you have questions.

If you need advice on your academic work, then the Study Help section will be able to help you. :h: Hope this helps! :h:
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Reply 2
I applied for a Primary PGCE at the end of November and I haven't heard anything back yet :frown:
I've been refreshing my emails everyday hoping to see something...anything!
Reply 3
Still waiting too. Had hoped to hear something before Christmas!
Reply 4
Hi
I had my interview on Tuesday and now just waiting for a decision.... Does anyone know how long they take to Get back to you?
Reply 5
I have applied for a Secondary PGCE with Chemistry at the end of November and my application is still pending.
Reply 6
Rang them today, they are trying to finalise the next interview date apparently...
Reply 7
hey guys I have a question.. Can i still apply for student finance even though i applied for it and used it for my undergrad course? I'm still on my final year of my course and I've been told by some that I would have to apply for student finance for a PGCE while I was still studying.. How does this work? I know that secondary psychology doesn't get a bursary like most of the other PGCE courses.

So I guess what I'm trying to figure out is do I have to start saving all of my money for the PGCE course or will student finance cover it?
Reply 8
Brunel seem to be taking forever to reply! I called them today and I was told I'd be interviewed 'shortly'...

I only have a couple more weeks until my application is automatically rejected by track! I'm really really hoping to hear something soon

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Just received an email from Brunel inviting me to an interview on the 29th for the Primary PGCE, has anyone else?

I'm a little worried about the application deadline on track though because it says I have until Feb 3rd to hear a response from my choices before I move onto apply 2.

If Brunel don't get back to me in time (two working days), does anyone know what happens?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by safsay
Hi
I had my interview on Tuesday and now just waiting for a decision.... Does anyone know how long they take to Get back to you?

Hi,

How did your interview go? Did you hear back from them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
I'm there on the 29th too in the afternoon.
I would assume/hope they tell you quickly...
Reply 12
I'm there in the afternoon as well :smile:

There was no mention of us preparing a presention in the email which I have to say I'm glad about lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
I also have an interview on the 29th but in the morning :smile:
Reply 14
Hey, me too! 9am on Friday
Original post by AnsaOP
Hey, me too! 9am on Friday

Hey did you get a reply from Brunel?
Reply 16
Original post by amalyusuf_
Hey did you get a reply from Brunel?

Hey! Yep I got in, what about you?
Original post by AnsaOP
Hey! Yep I got in, what about you?

Well done! So did I :biggrin:

Have you accepted their offer?
Reply 18
Original post by amalyusuf_
Well done! So did I :biggrin:

Have you accepted their offer?

Well done! I still need to pass the skills test though -__-Not yet, I actually don't know how to, it's pretty confusing, going to try and figure it now hopefully.
Reply 19
How long do Brunel take to get back to you after interview?

Quick Reply

Latest