The Student Room Group

Post 16/GCSE - A Level Subject Help.

Apologies if this post is in the wrong area, i'm a new user.
However the main reason i'm writing this is due to the fact i have no clue of the A Levels/BTECs i'd like to choose.

My goal is to become a Software Developer, i'm sitting my GCSEs this summer, however i need to apply for my college and was wondering what i should take with A Level Computer Science, the College i'm applying to you prohibits you from taking BTEC ITs (Level 3) which sucks, in which i'm resulting to having to pick other options.

It would be highly appreciated if anyone could help me choose what A Levels/BTECs i should take to become Software Developer.
I was considering maths however i'm extremely disadvantaged when it comes to maths and it's seriously my weak point

Thank you
Reply 1
Wait so you cant take BTEC IT?
Original post by yt7777
Wait so you cant take BTEC IT?

No, as i'm choosing A Level Computer Science

(Quote from My College's site on the A Level Computer Page: "Cannot be taken with BTEC IT")
Reply 3
Maths?? If you want to go down the computer science degree root you will need maths A level definitely (I've applied for Computer science and they only seem to care about that) and maybe physics for the maths might be worth seeing if they offer the decision applied modules which are very much about computer science and teach you algorithms hope that helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
You would have to check universities and see if they need maths a level or just computer science a level for a computer science/software development course. If only Computer Science is needed then you can probably choose other options
Reply 5
If it's a computer science course you will need maths haven't seen a course yet where you don't need it no idea about software development courses though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest