The Student Room Group

Dating multiple men

Is this frowned upon and regarded as cheating? I'm dating more than one person right now. I am obliged to tell my dates this?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Daniellaaa
Is this frowned upon and regarded as cheating? I'm dating more than one person right now. I am obliged to tell my dates this?

As long as they're not under the impression that you're exclusive, then I don't see it as cheating.
Reply 2
Original post by Smack
As long as they're not under the impression that you're exclusive, then I don't see it as cheating.

That was the impression I had too. I'm not exclusive with any of them right now. Early days
That was the impression I had too. I'm not exclusive with any of them right now. Early days

Yeah, although I probably wouldn't openly advertise it to your dates unless pushed.
Reply 4
Original post by Smack
Yeah, although I probably wouldn't openly advertise it to your dates unless pushed.

My lips are sealed
I'm sorry but I don't like you. Cheers

Just because you're not exclusive with any of them doesn't mean that they know that. If they are under the impression that you are then what you're doing is completely wrong
(edited 8 years ago)

How do you have time to date anyone when you're on TSR 24/7? :curious:

Put it this way, if you was dating a guy and he was the only one but he was dating more than one person, would you like to know?
lol how many?
If you're just dating, still getting to know each other and you guys aren't exclusive yet...not cheating. The only way it would be frowned upon is if you're sleeping with them. You're keeping your options open until you find the one, good for you.
as long as the men know it's ok.
You have not decided to be exclusive, therefore it's okay. You're okay :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by Smack

Agreed

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't think she is a slut. If she wants to date a few guys, then so be it. As long as she doesn't lead one of the guys on thinking it's getting deeper, then I see no harm in it.

Dating sites and similarly dating means you have the choice of chatting to more than one person. It's all about finding out who's your type.
Original post by shawtyb
how am i a prude? its called having self respect. i hope they all find out

How old are you? She didn't say wheather or not if she's sleeping with them so how is dating having no self respect? You have to date around in order to find someone you like.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by xobeauty
How old are you? She didn't say weather or not if she's sleeping with them so how is dating having no self respect? You have to date around in order to find someone you like.

im nearly 23 and yes, find someone you like by all means but several at once? really? the fact she hasnt dropped any yet means she has some degree of interest so rather then string them all along, just progress it with just one
Yes, i doubt any man will be with you if they know your dating other men....
Original post by shawtyb
im nearly 23 and yes, find someone you like by all means but several at once? really? the fact she hasnt dropped any yet means she has some degree of interest so rather then string them all along, just progress it with just one

Hmm but in the same respect that is what a lot of people do when they're dating people online. They talk to several people, maybe go on a few dates, until they find someone who's right for them. Maybe that's what the OP is doing? Doesn't make her a slut for talking to more than one guy.

Also the OP hasn't mentioned how many dates she has been on with the guys she's been dating. So we can't jump to conclusions.
Difference between dating, and going on dates.

Going on dates with multiple men = okay.
Dating multiple men at the same time = not okay.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending