The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Louis van Gaal is set to remain in charge for Manchester United’s FA Cup tie at Derby County on Friday, although the manager’s job is being reviewed on a match-by-match basis.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jan/26/louis-van-gaal-manchester-united-position-match-by-match-derby-county
Original post by Mackay
Louis van Gaal is set to remain in charge for Manchester United’s FA Cup tie at Derby County on Friday, although the manager’s job is being reviewed on a match-by-match basis.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jan/26/louis-van-gaal-manchester-united-position-match-by-match-derby-county

Match by Match basis until his contract expires :tongue:

Honestly, we'll play well against Derby and then everything will be sunshine and rainbows again, and then the match after we'll go back to playing crap and the cycle will repeat :angry: Its sad to see what has become of our great club :frown:
Original post by SirAlexFerguson
Match by Match basis until his contract expires :tongue:

Honestly, we'll play well against Derby and then everything will be sunshine and rainbows again, and then the match after we'll go back to playing crap and the cycle will repeat :angry: Its sad to see what has become of our great club :frown:

You can't fail to beat Derby given their current run of form.
Original post by Mackay

Haven't you heard?

LVG can make the impossible, possible! :tongue:

I can see it now - they park the bus - we pass the ball around for 85 minutes - they break and score a goal (or via a set piece) - we suddenly realise we need to score and get one chance which we miss and end up with no shots on target and Derby nicking a 1-0 win :redface:
Original post by Mackay

staggeringly that suggests that the Southampton match was "acceptable" for the board, just wow.
Original post by Mackay

playing slow, possession for it's own sake football whilst having no real attacking impetus will make sure we make them look like Bayern Munich don't you worry.
Don't worry lads, Luke Shaw will be back soon!

Can't wait.
Shame LVG hasn't been sacked yet. He could take a page out of Klopps /SAF book, their touch line presence galvanised there players. Even in interviews players state that they're motivated to go up a gear because of the emotion expressed by their managers.
Tbh I wouldn't be even surprised if LVG delegated the task of HT team talks, its like playing football manager on the couch for him.
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/10145493/louis-van-gaal-wont-quit-manchester-united-and-has-fantastic-relationship-with-owners

that's our season over then.

may as well accept we won't be in Europe again next year and will likely lose a lot of our best players.

thanks Woodward and Van Gaal for ruining the club.

R.I.P Manchester United as a top club.
Original post by WalkingAbortion
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/10145493/louis-van-gaal-wont-quit-manchester-united-and-has-fantastic-relationship-with-owners

may as well accept we won't be in Europe again next year and will likely lose a lot of our best players.

Reading that made me actually feel sad lol

"They are Americans, they like a well-run company. They realise it is a football club but they still like to see United as a major company in the world"

That quote got to me :frown:
Original post by WalkingAbortion

Original post by SirAlexFerguson
Reading that made me actually feel sad lol

"They are Americans, they like a well-run company. They realise it is a football club but they still like to see United as a major company in the world"

That quote got to me :frown:

Relax guys! All will be well soon :smile:
Imagine van Gaal has his contract extended, just imagine the scenes :eek:
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
Imagine van Gaal has his contract extended, just imagine the scenes :eek:

Only logical explanation for that would be that LVG is blackmailing Woodward. Like with a sex tape or something.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If Blind was 6ft2, bit stronger and a bit quicker he'd be a World Class CB.

United are actually a joke. Remember when we sold Di Maria and we thought we'd replace him with another world class player Lol. LVG actually cannot manage players with flair at all. He would do well with players like Thomas Muller.

We actually sold Di Maria you know and start Fellaini and Lingard lol. We've fallen so much under LVG it's a joke. Most United fans on here were calling him **** as well lolololol.
Watching this I couldn't even finish the video because of my anger.

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by qasidb
Only logical explanation for that would be that LVG is blackmailing Woodward. Like with a sex tape or something.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's definitely the logical explanation as to why he's still in the job!
Original post by Dirtybit
United are actually a joke. Remember when we sold Di Maria and we thought we'd replace him with another world class player Lol. LVG actually cannot manage players with flair at all. He would do well with players like Thomas Muller.

We actually sold Di Maria you know and start Fellaini and Lingard lol. We've fallen so much under LVG it's a joke. Most United fans on here were calling him **** as well lolololol.
Watching this I couldn't even finish the video because of my anger.

Selling Di Maria was clearly retarded. Yeah he was clearly overpriced but he's a top 10 winger in the world. Him and Depay together would have caused scenes though.
Original post by jam277
Selling Di Maria was clearly retarded. Yeah he was clearly overpriced but he's a top 10 winger in the world. Him and Depay together would have caused scenes though.

No point in keeping a player that didn't want to be here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qasidb
No point in keeping a player that didn't want to be here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

He didn't want to be here because of LVG and his philosophy
Original post by Dirtybit
He didn't want to be here because of LVG and his philosophy

Refusing to play for pre-season to pressure into a sale is never acceptable.

Besides, did he seriously feel threatened staying in Manchester enough to A) lose form and then B) push for a transfer?

Latest