The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by That Bearded Man
Refusing to play for pre-season to pressure into a sale is never acceptable.

Besides, did he seriously feel threatened staying in Manchester enough to A) lose form and then B) push for a transfer?

I'd do that if LVG was starting Ashley Young over me, not being allowed to express myself and having to play with average players.
Yeah I'd leave if Young was starting over a guy who was in the team of the year and won a double last season as the key man.

If Aguero was benched for Bony I think he'd be making noise too.
Original post by Dirtybit
He didn't want to be here because of LVG and his philosophy

Yeah but still, he didn't want to be here, so why would we keep him? Only other option would have been to sack LVG which would have been ludicrous at the time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Next best thing close to Di Maria's quality is Felipe Anderson. We should get him to Old trafford in the summer ASAP!!!!

Him and Depay though :love:
Young > Di Maria

What son
Original post by trapking
Next best thing close to Di Maria's quality is Felipe Anderson. We should get him to Old trafford in the summer ASAP!!!!

Him and Depay though :love:

O really
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Young > Di Maria

What son

That was actually true during a portion of last season.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qasidb
That was actually true during a portion of last season.

Posted from TSR Mobile

most of last season,are peopl forgetting that ADM was doing basics such as passing wrong and his attitude on the pitch after the arsenal game was poor...but all credit to him for doing well at PSG and we have to deal with it and move on...

Tbh the main flaw of the Lvg Era has been
the transfer policy for me... we chase unrealistic targets(we have to accept we WONT be landing the bales and messi's (Woodward is hugely to blame for this he needs to stop making us like Real Madrid Mk2 we have proven in the past we do not need galacticos to do amazing just good players who are willing to step up and play out of their skin...

We need to bring in a defender in these next four days or ateleast one signing to elevate the fans and the players I also feel that LVG needs to let us off the shackles permanently and just accept we'll be conceding regardless of how possession based we are... instead of reverting to type as we have a WC goalkeeper in de gea atm i believe the players would rather us score 4 and concede 3 rather than draw blanks...as for giggs if he truly wants tot leave then he can go because hes done nothing of not on the bench and its clear that he wants the job handed on a plate...
We aren't nobody this transfer window and rightly so.
I blame LVG for a lot of things. Di Maria leaving isn't one of them. You all watched the games and saw him play terribly in a lot of them. Di Maria should have stuck it out. LVG will leave at some point and he'd get to play under a different manager. He ran off to Paris, because he didn't want to fight for his position. No player should be automatically guaranteed a spot. Especially when they're playing badly. Young earned his place through decent performances.

It was only his first year. A lot of players find the first year difficult. He refused to even show up for pre-season. He had no intention to stay. You can't blame the manager for that. No point in keeping a player, who isn't in it 100%.
Original post by NathanW18
I blame LVG for a lot of things. Di Maria leaving isn't one of them. You all watched the games and saw him play terribly in a lot of them. Di Maria should have stuck it out. LVG will leave at some point and he'd get to play under a different manager. He ran off to Paris, because he didn't want to fight for his position. No player should be automatically guaranteed a spot. Especially when they're playing badly. Young earned his place through decent performances.

It was only his first year. A lot of players find the first year difficult. He refused to even show up for pre-season. He had no intention to stay. You can't blame the manager for that. No point in keeping a player, who isn't in it 100%.

What do you mean? There are better players at PSG, it would be harder to fight for a starting spot at PSG. At United right now we start Lingard and Fellaini with is laughable. We just needed LVG to show trust like he does to Rooney. LVG hardly even played Di Maria during the last bit of the season. It's part of man management. Same thing is happening with Memphis right now. He won't give them a chance to get their place back.
Something tells me someone else is posting on DirtyBits account! It doesnt quite sound like his usual self....

But i agree with what he's saying though :lol: :biggrin:

@Dirtybit thoughts?
Original post by qasidb
Yeah but still, he didn't want to be here, so why would we keep him? Only other option would have been to sack LVG which would have been ludicrous at the time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Or the board could have said 'no, we are not selling Di Maria, fit him in your squad'
Original post by jam277
Or the board could have said 'no, we are not selling Di Maria, fit him in your squad'

Thing is that if we kept him then his unhappiness would have led to him not making much of an effort and not playing well, just like what we saw.
No point keeping a player worth £60m if he's going to play like he's worth £6m.

Knowing LVG, he wouldn't have been able to resolve the issue because he doesn't know how to do that. Once there's a grudge, there's always a grudge.

Only exception probably would have been van Persie when LVG wasn't too fond of him before the World Cup but van Persie had to suck up to him and then they became friends.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by trapking
Something tells me someone else is posting on DirtyBits account! It doesnt quite sound like his usual self....

But i agree with what he's saying though :lol: :biggrin:

@Dirtybit thoughts?

LVG did this to me. Mans full of rage atm.
What do you mean? There are better players at PSG, it would be harder to fight for a starting spot at PSG. At United right now we start Lingard and Fellaini with is laughable. We just needed LVG to show trust like he does to Rooney. LVG hardly even played Di Maria during the last bit of the season. It's part of man management. Same thing is happening with Memphis right now. He won't give them a chance to get their place back.

Banger

@Tom.x.Gotze please confirm
LOL, imagine buying a winger/attacking midfielder and then playing him as a striker.

Thats the type of manager we have. The one who needed "balance", so he let a quality striker in Chicho leave, who is rather quick himself.

His stupid philosophy was never going to work with Di Maria. Give the guy a free role and he'll wreck havoc. Kinda what he's doing at PSG who have a competent manger in charge.
Original post by zKlown
Banger

Did you nod your head yes but want to say no though?
Did you nod your head yes but want to say no though?

I listen to Justin Bieber in the dark whilst crying thinking about how poor Luke Shaw is feeling right now :frown:

Not right now mom
Original post by zKlown
Banger

When it goes off in a club you know shits gonna go down:

Latest