The Student Room Group

London/Hertforshire 6th forms that are still acceptng applications

Long story short, I didn't get round to applying for any state schools apart from my current school. I have a place at a private school - but no bursary so I can't afford to go -
Does anyone know of any London/Hertfordshire 6th forms (Not colleges) that are still accepting applications for this September or accept late applications?
St Michael's has a cut off of 28 Feb I think ? Worth checking, good luck!
Original post by jaguargirl
St Michael's has a cut off of 28 Feb I think ? Worth checking, good luck!

Do you know how strict their admission policy is about Christianity for 6th forms....?
Original post by iwishicouldfly14
Do you know how strict their admission policy is about Christianity for 6th forms....?

Well let's put it this way, a girl from my daughter's school has received an interview & she's a practising Hindu!
Well let's put it this way, a girl from my daughter's school has received an interview & she's a practising Hindu!

Do you know how much religious stuff they have that's compulsory?
Do you know how much religious stuff they have that's compulsory?

No, 'fraid not - best ask them directly.
No, 'fraid not - best ask them directly.

Ok, thanks
st michaels deadline was at the end of autumn term for external applicants
Original post by rayestar
st michaels deadline was at the end of autumn term for external applicants

I just checked online
"
Application Procedure Application forms for applicants from other Schools should be received by the School by 28 February. Applicants will be informed in writing after Easter whether the School is able to make them an offer of a place, or a place on the waiting list. Any offer will be provisional upon GCSE results. Students who make a late application run the risk that all the places on the AS courses of their choice will be taken.
"

Even though it's open, I'm not going to apply. The route is easy for me, but it will take a lot of time and my predicted grades probably aren't as good as everyone elses...

I've applied to KCL Maths School - they reopened their admissions last week.
I just checked online
"
Application Procedure Application forms for applicants from other Schools should be received by the School by 28 February. Applicants will be informed in writing after Easter whether the School is able to make them an offer of a place, or a place on the waiting list. Any offer will be provisional upon GCSE results. Students who make a late application run the risk that all the places on the AS courses of their choice will be taken.
"

Even though it's open, I'm not going to apply. The route is easy for me, but it will take a lot of time and my predicted grades probably aren't as good as everyone elses...

I've applied to KCL Maths School - they reopened their admissions last week.

oh really, well on my booklet I got at the open day, it said last week of autumn term.
Thanks for correcting me though :wink:
Original post by rayestar
oh really, well on my booklet I got at the open day, it said last week of autumn term.
Thanks for correcting me though :wink:

Maybe they changed it?

Are you applying for any other 6th forms?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending