The Student Room Group

Applied to one sixth form?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by draculaura
Ah! Ikr. I don't mind doing a test... except the only place they do it is in either Oxford, London or Warminster :K: we've decided we're going to Oxford to do the test... have a nice weekend there while we're about it. One good thing about them is that it's tests you can't revise for, and logical things like reasoning papers etc. I'm okay at those, haha.
Good luck to you as well! I'm guessing the schools will reply tomorrow.

I hope so!
When are your tests?
Original post by iwishicouldfly14
I hope so!
When are your tests?

Funnily enough, I should be finding out tomorrow. I'm guessing sometime early February
Funnily enough, I should be finding out tomorrow. I'm guessing sometime early February

haha
Good Luck!
haha
Good Luck!

Thanks! A small update... turns out I'm doing it this Friday. Yep.
Thanks! A small update... turns out I'm doing it this Friday. Yep.

Wow.... that's early.
One of the schools got back to me so I'll fill in the form and see.
Wow.... that's early.
One of the schools got back to me so I'll fill in the form and see.

Oo congratulations! And yeah ! it is ! - though, i decided to do that date myself. Maybe the schools will accept me if it's come in earlier.
Oo congratulations! And yeah ! it is ! - though, i decided to do that date myself. Maybe the schools will accept me if it's come in earlier.

I guess.
I hate waiting.
I'm going to fill out the forms tonight I hope and I'll see what happens.
I don't think this school has an entrance exam. The only thing is my predicted grades are really low so because they don't have an exam, I'm scared they'll think my grades are too low and so I won't get accepted at all.....
Ughghghghghghgh
Even I think my predicted grades are too low - I'll almost definitely beat them!
I guess.
I hate waiting.
I'm going to fill out the forms tonight I hope and I'll see what happens.
I don't think this school has an entrance exam. The only thing is my predicted grades are really low so because they don't have an exam, I'm scared they'll think my grades are too low and so I won't get accepted at all.....
Ughghghghghghgh
Even I think my predicted grades are too low - I'll almost definitely beat them!

That happens with me as well ! Luckily I haven't been asked for any predicted grades, but my school (who are stupid, and hence why i'm leaving lol) pretty much, from what i've gathered - make them up. Because of this I've got like C's and B's, somehow... though, like you, am certain will hit higher. I aim for my majority to be mostly A's (like most people, lol.)
That happens with me as well ! Luckily I haven't been asked for any predicted grades, but my school (who are stupid, and hence why i'm leaving lol) pretty much, from what i've gathered - make them up. Because of this I've got like C's and B's, somehow... though, like you, am certain will hit higher. I aim for my majority to be mostly A's (like most people, lol.)

I'm predicted 2A*s, 6as and 2Bs and I know I'll end up getting two Bs, but I'm pretty sure I'll get like 5 A*S and it's just ridiculous.
I've been getting A*s in most tests in some subjects (i.e. Chemistry, RS)
I'll see what I get in my mocks....
I'm predicted 2A*s, 6as and 2Bs and I know I'll end up getting two Bs, but I'm pretty sure I'll get like 5 A*S and it's just ridiculous.
I've been getting A*s in most tests in some subjects (i.e. Chemistry, RS)
I'll see what I get in my mocks....

Damn! They're really good, WAY better than mine. Though, in all fairness the school literally admitted it was wrong after loads of parents complained why their kid had like an E for their predicted grade... apparently it's 'computer generated' or something.
Damn! They're really good, WAY better than mine. Though, in all fairness the school literally admitted it was wrong after loads of parents complained why their kid had like an E for their predicted grade... apparently it's 'computer generated' or something.

The targets are computer generated - it's this weird thing about where you live compared and your KS3 grades and stuff (I think)
but I know at least for my school, the actual predicted grades are done by what the teacher thinks. They usually seem fair, but there are just some subjects I think I'll do much better in - and same with other people.
There's this really cocky girl in my year who's aiming for all A*S and she got predicted As in English so she literally went to the teacher to ask why she had been predicted As. I literally rolled my eyes....
Original post by 0lut0
The only sixth form I applied for is my school's sixth form, is it too late to apply for more?

It shouldn't be too late. I've known people that applied in late July and still got accepted! In any case, I only applied to one 'school' (6th form college) and it worked out perfectly well. It's fairly easy to get in to 6th forms, etc - don't be overly worried about it.
Reply 52
My mate applied in August and still got in

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
My mate applied in August and still got in

Posted from TSR Mobile

To a college or a school's 6th form?
Reply 54
To a college or a school's 6th form?

College

Posted from TSR Mobile
The targets are computer generated - it's this weird thing about where you live compared and your KS3 grades and stuff (I think)
but I know at least for my school, the actual predicted grades are done by what the teacher thinks. They usually seem fair, but there are just some subjects I think I'll do much better in - and same with other people.
There's this really cocky girl in my year who's aiming for all A*S and she got predicted As in English so she literally went to the teacher to ask why she had been predicted As. I literally rolled my eyes....

Wow really? Where you live? That's, interesting ! And it's good your teachers can be bothered... ours literally can't. In our school report some teachers literally copied and pasted their comments, just changing the name. One girl even had a different name in one of her teacher's reports. :lolwut:And damn, that girl does sound cocky! I know people who are like that, not only believe they're brilliant but better than everyone else..
Wow really? Where you live? That's, interesting ! And it's good your teachers can be bothered... ours literally can't. In our school report some teachers literally copied and pasted their comments, just changing the name. One girl even had a different name in one of her teacher's reports. :lolwut:And damn, that girl does sound cocky! I know people who are like that, not only believe they're brilliant but better than everyone else..

We don't get proper reports any more - last year I only got one proper report - now it's just about my targets - not my behaviour.
I once got called Rebecca is a report (My name is nothing close the Rebecca).
One of the schools who replied to me don't have an application deadline!!!

Most of the top people in my year are really cocky - it feels so good to beat them in a test!!!
We don't get proper reports any more - last year I only got one proper report - now it's just about my targets - not my behaviour.
I once got called Rebecca is a report (My name is nothing close the Rebecca).
One of the schools who replied to me don't have an application deadline!!!

Most of the top people in my year are really cocky - it feels so good to beat them in a test!!!

Ahh - that's lucky ! Our report is pretty much on everything about us. (Behaviour, how well we're doing, homework blah blah blah)

Also - congrats on the school replying! The reason I'm replying late to you is actually because I came back from that test in Oxford (haha) - It was actually surprisingly challenging, but nothing too difficult. I really hope you get to go to a school you like!

And the top people in my year are also really cocky too... I guess it's a normal thing, eh? :sadnod:
Ahh - that's lucky ! Our report is pretty much on everything about us. (Behaviour, how well we're doing, homework blah blah blah)

Also - congrats on the school replying! The reason I'm replying late to you is actually because I came back from that test in Oxford (haha) - It was actually surprisingly challenging, but nothing too difficult. I really hope you get to go to a school you like!

And the top people in my year are also really cocky too... I guess it's a normal thing, eh? :sadnod:

Good Luck again!!
I'm trying to decide whether I should ask if it's possible to apply for the school after I have my results back because I think my grades will be better than I'm predicted - I just don't know what they'll say.
Same with you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending