The Student Room Group

I Want a Baby at 17...

Scroll to see replies

Wait until you graduate from uni then start a family. By then at least you'll have good employment prospects to get a job and sort yourself out financially. Don't think about what others are doing..you will thank yourself years from now that you went to university and graduated with high honours and now you can afford to look after a family of your own rather than going a having a child first and realising how everything else (including studying) is actually quite difficult to manage afterwards.

There was a similar thread on this. Choose your options wisely.
Reply 21
Do you live in Liverpool?
Oh dear...:redface:

My first thought was Oh dear....:redface:

My second thought was Read it again, and it's still Oh dear....:redface:
(edited 8 years ago)
And I'm still yet to have my first kiss :rofl:
Some of your friends are having babies? They're going to have a harder life than you will.

Wait until after uni.
Reply 25
Original post by enaayrah
And I'm still yet to have my first kiss :rofl:

Same:sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
@nucdev hai mara thakor ji... a chokdi ne kai samjhav.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Reply 27
Original post by spv
@nucdev hai mara thakor ji... a chokdi ne kai samjhav.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:
There's a high chance you both won't get into the same uni and you'll have to drop out or go part time if they'll let you. My friend had a baby in college and had to drop out, now she has no a-levels and 3 kids (2 are twins) at 19, living in a council house.
(edited 8 years ago)

Kids these days....
Reply 30
Kids these days....

Tell me about it:rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Tell me about it:rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Next thing you know we'll be hearing of families of six with their parents both under 20!
I'm afraid that any kids you have will start at 0. For you to have a kid at 17 we are going to have to improve our cloning abilities.
Reply 33
If you really want one go for it.

But there's a 100% chance you will regret it. My elder brother had a baby at 15, and it was ****ing hard. They survived, yeah, but only because my mum pulled them through. If your parents aren't willing to look after the baby, provide for it (cause you can't while at uni lols, also think of accommodation there!) then it's down to your mum.

She's raised her kids, why should she be raising yours as well? My advice is wait until after uni, but I can't convince you probably.
Reply 34
Next thing you know we'll be hearing of families of six with their parents both under 20!

I know!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Go on then, and in a couple of years you'll make another thread 'HELP, funding for single parents while at uni' and I will kindly exit the page.
At least wait till after uni, you are so young. Go out and enjoy life a bit first, it is not cheap to raise a child.
(edited 8 years ago)
One wonders how many people on this thread have children. Probably not that many. It amazes me then that you can speak with such authority.

Perhaps balanced advice would be more useful. You have to make your own choices afterall.

Having a son or a daughter is pretty much the best thing you can do ever. It's so much more satisfying that the best career or going to the best university. Seeing a small life grow and learn things is so brilliant, so fantastic, so unique that it changes your perspective on everything.

My sister had a baby at 18, she went to uni and graduated with a 2:1 in law. It can be done. You are entitled to child benefit and a childcare grant. Both are worth several thousand pounds a year.

On the other hand, because children are so wonderful they deserve a stable family life and a safe environment to grow up in. It is difficult to provide this at 17, particularly when you're not married so you have no idea where your relationship will be in 10 years. This is going to sound harsh but in 10-years your relationship will almost certainly have broken up and you will still have a 10-year old. You may stay together forever, childhood sweethearts do happen but you probably shouldn't bet the stability of son's or daughter's childhoods on it.

Best of luck,

SS
Original post by SAhm95
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ________
. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`\

WOW! This piece of artwork is certainly unique. How long did it take you to make this?
LOL! I am serious. I have never actually seen someone create a picture using symbols and punctuation. I wasn't trying to be sarcastic.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending