The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

What's with the obsession of trying to make muslims integrate? What about jews?

Before you read, I just want to say I'm not hating on jews.

Is it cos of extremism? How is that Muslims are told to speak english, integrate etc when that's exactly what they are doing? The Muslims mix into secondary schools and primary schools and colleges etc. What about jews? Why does noone ever talk about them? Why is it a taboo subject when it comes to Jews? They live is their own communities, many probably not even knowing english, a school was just closed down because of not being taught english, they won't mix into our schools or speak to us, you barely see them in work places etc. So why pick on the Muslims? They don't all look the same! And why are politicians rounding up Muslims? A group of people from many different backgrounds and colours? Many aren't even identified easily as Muslims! Many muslims aspire to be doctors and lawyers etc they don't just sit around and wait to go to ISIS. So what exactly do they mean by integrate?

Is there some kind of plan? Cos of ISIS? I ain't gonna read hate comments, ain't nobody got time for that. Please be polite.

Scroll to see replies

I know! People here will go on holiday and get angry at people that don't speak english yet they are in a non english speaking country! David cameron is an idiot for giving 20million to teach muslims english, why? Why can't people just leave muslims alone for once? ALOT of us just want to go about our daily normal life and canr even look at a newspaper without atleast 3 stories on muslims😑
Original post by TheArtofProtest
The majority of British Jewry, certainly the more wealthy ones, donate to the Conservative Party.

Muslim voters, by and large, tend to vote Labour en-bloc. Plus, smacking Muslims around seems to be a win-win from a PR point of view.

Oh, interesting, thank you for your input. Why don't jews mix? Is it in their religion or something?
It feels like cyber bullying on a large scale.
Original post by Mallie2001
I know! People here will go on holiday and get angry at people that don't speak english yet they are in a non english speaking country! David cameron is an idiot for giving 20million to teach muslims english, why? Why can't people just leave muslims alone for once? ALOT of us just want to go about our daily normal life and canr even look at a newspaper without atleast 3 stories on muslims😑
Why should they have to?

Did the Jews bomb the London underground or blow up those buses?
Original post by geniequeen48
It feels like cyber bullying on a large scale.

Very true. Its always muslim this muslim that, as if the news has nothing else to report on.
The majority of British Jewry, certainly the more wealthy ones, donate to the Conservative Party.

The majority? That sounds like the usual anti-semitic conspiracy cock-and-bull stories that permeate the online world.
Why does noone ever talk about them?

Because the Jews have been a well-integrated minority in English public life for centuries. Because they have never caused any trouble, if anything they have contributed quite a lot to this country.

Why is it a taboo subject when it comes to Jews?

It must be a conspiracy :rolleyes:

They live is their own communities

Most Jewish people in the UK live in normal, integrated communities. That is not the same as ultra-orthodox sects.

many probably not even knowing english

That is bull. I would be surprised if there were any Jewish people in this country who don't speak English

a school was just closed down because of not being taught english

Any evidence for this?

So why pick on the Muslims?

No-one is "picking on" Muslims. They are legitimately pointing out that many Muslims seem disinclined to integrate, and that many take the attitude that you do; denying the existence of any terrorism problem in their community. There clearly is an issue when more Muslims have left the UK to fight for ISIS than there are Muslims who have joined the UK armed forces.

When British Jews start blowing themselves up on the tube then maybe we will start looking into whether there is a problem in their community. At present, the situation is that far from being a problem, they are a very well-integrated and contributing community who have deep respect for this country and its traditions
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Mallie2001
Very true. Its always muslim this muslim that, as if the news has nothing else to report on.

Is it really "Muslim this, Muslim that"? If Islam has nothing to do with terrorism, why do you interpret a news story about terrorists who are Muslims as being "Muslim this, Muslim that"?
Original post by LeoAngliae
Err, because the Jews have been a well-integrated minority in English public life for centuries. Because they have never caused any trouble, if anything they have contributed quite a lot to this country.

It must be a conspiracy :rolleyes:

Most Jewish people in the UK live in normal, integrated communities. That is not the same as ultra-orthodox sects.

That is bull. I would be surprised if there were any Jewish people in this country who don't speak English

Well the ones where I live seem to struggle when speaking to other people in english. I have seen a few speak in very poor english.

Any evidence for this?
Sure:

No-one is "picking on" Muslims. They are legitimately pointing out that many Muslims seem disinclined to integrate, and that many take the attitude that you do; denying the existence of any terrorism problem in their community. There clearly is an issue when more Muslims have left the UK to fight for ISIS than there are Muslims who have joined the UK armed forces.

When British Jews start blowing themselves up on the tube then maybe we will start looking into whether there is a problem in their community. At present, the situation is that far from being a problem, they are a very well-integrated and contributing community who have deep respect for this country and its traditions

Sure:

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/charedi-talmud-torah-tashbar-stamford-hill-jewish-school-that-does-not-teach-english-ordered-to-a6813041.html&ved=0ahUKEwi28pG268rKAhXGcRQKHU-QDTcQFggbMAA&usg=AFQjCNHhTns0FUb5Nne1EKpNk9h_7bqhTA&sig2=9WTT_oOaUH4BolkYGe2zTg
Yes, sorry forgot about the less orthodox jews. I am talking about the ultra orthadox ones, which there are MANY communities of them in my area, with their clothing etc and none of them go to local schools. They have their own businesses, restaurants, schools etc where only them come in out of I see(I'm sure other people are free to be their clients but the schools especially)

Contributed what? May I ask?

And no, I am not "denying" the terrorism present, I am well aware of that, but in a Muslim community there would be more against terrorism. Instead of constantly pointing fingers at Muslims, I think they should just speak to islamic leaders etc to make sure that when its friday prayers or time to have meetup, tell the people who are having crazy thoughts that terrorism is not right.

Oh yeah and not just Muslims have left to join ISIS, many non-muslims have fled too, they just seem to make the muslims stand out which makes it seem like so many muslims are fleeing the country.

Thank you very much for your input :smile:
Sure:

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/charedi-talmud-torah-tashbar-stamford-hill-jewish-school-that-does-not-teach-english-ordered-to-a6813041.html&ved=0ahUKEwi28pG268rKAhXGcRQKHU-QDTcQFggbMAA&usg=AFQjCNHhTns0FUb5Nne1EKpNk9h_7bqhTA&sig2=9WTT_oOaUH4BolkYGe2zTg
Yes, sorry forgot about the less orthodox jews. I am talking about the ultra orthadox ones, which there are MANY communities of them in my area, with their clothing etc and none of them go to local schools. They have their own businesses, restaurants, schools etc where only them come in out of I see(I'm sure other people are free to be their clients but the schools especially)

Contributed what? May I ask?

And no, I am not "denying" the terrorism present, I am well aware of that, but in a Muslim community there would be more against terrorism. Instead of constantly pointing fingers at Muslims, I think they should just speak to islamic leaders etc to make sure that when its friday prayers or time to have meetup, tell the people who are having crazy thoughts that terrorism is not right.

Oh yeah and not just Muslims have left to join ISIS, many non-muslims have fled too, they just seem to make the muslims stand out which makes it seem like so many muslims are fleeing the country.

Thank you very much for your input :smile:

You are amazing for this!
It's natural for the left wing of this country to want a majority Islamic population as it ties into their ideals
The majority? That sounds like the usual anti-semitic conspiracy cock-and-bull stories that permeate the online world.

The JC carried out a poll, not the most scientific, but good enough for us.

Furthermore, this is the image from London -

Outside London, we can look at Manchester, and Bury in particular which has a substantial Jewish population and returned a Conservative MP.

Just outside London, Hertsmere, which also has a large-ish concentration of Jews, elected a Conservative MP.

Perhaps Wolfie, you shouldn't be too quick to cry antisemitism when you have not availed yourself of the pertinent facts.
Is it really "Muslim this, Muslim that"? If Islam has nothing to do with terrorism, why do you interpret a news story about terrorists who are Muslims as being "Muslim this, Muslim that"?

My goodness! If you had botheres to ask me exactly what i interpret from the media it would not be that! Im referring to the muslims that commit crimes and always get their religion pointed out, whereas a christian who commited a crime for example would never be identified by their religion.
i'm actually not interested in a debate about this but have a wonderful night!
I'm not really into debating, I just want to know why please lol. Debating get's you nowhere sometimes.
Reply 15
Wow, most Jews are not religious and are impossible to distinguish from the rest of white British. The ultra-orthodox sects are indeed worrying, but their number represents a tiny percentage of the British Muslim population.

Moreover, Jews don't commit terrorist attacks every month or so in the West.

:lolwut:
X

Where in your post were you evidencing that "a majority of Jewry" donate to the Conservative Party? If it was there, I didn't see it

Just a fyi, Jewish people are the most geographically segregated community in the UK.
http://www.ethnicity.ac.uk/medialibrary/briefingsupdated/more-segregation-or-more-mixing.pdf
Also, about 60% of Jewish kids attend Jewish schools, whereas about only 2% of Muslim kids go to Muslim schools.

Furthermore, there are some Jewish communities in the UK where the main language they speak is Yiddish, despite the fact they've been here for about 5-6 generations. On the other hand, 99% of Muslims brought up in the UK will speak English as their main language.
(edited 8 years ago)
Where in your post were you evidencing that "a majority of Jewry" donate to the Conservative Party? If it was there, I didn't see it

I meant vote.
I meant vote.

So then I was right to call you on your comment, and your snarky reply on demographics was completely irrelevant.

Should you go back and edit your comment?

Latest