The Student Room Group

The english lit 2016

Can anyone please help me to anaylse those poems please( and if you've done yours if you can please send them to me, so i can see as i learn and understand better by looking at something:
Material by rose barber
inheritance by eavan boland
a leisurecentreis also a temple of learning by sue boyle
history by john burnside

thanks in advance
the war correspondent by ciaran carson
an easy passage by julia copus
Original post by Benie Bopeno
Can anyone please help me to anaylse those poems please( and if you've done yours if you can please send them to me, so i can see as i learn and understand better by looking at something:
Material by rose barber
inheritance by eavan boland
a leisurecentreis also a temple of learning by sue boyle
history by john burnside

thanks in advance
the war correspondent by ciaran carson
an easy passage by julia copus

What do you know about the themes so far? :smile: what ideas do you already have?
Original post by Gingerbread101
What do you know about the themes so far? :smile: what ideas do you already have?

to be honest with you, I don't even know anything about themes. I know it might sound stupid, but I still don't get the meaning of "theme", hence I have no ideas. PLEASE HELP ME I NEED HELP .

THANKS IN ADVANCE
to be honest with you, I don't even know anything about themes. I know it might sound stupid, but I still don't get the meaning of "theme", hence I have no ideas. PLEASE HELP ME I NEED HELP .

THANKS IN ADVANCE
Well if you imagine each poem is a story, it's just what the story is and what the author is trying to tell you about. So if a poem was about an affair, the themes would be love, dishonesty, etc :smile:
Well if you imagine each poem is a story, it's just what the story is and what the author is trying to tell you about. So if a poem was about an affair, the themes would be love, dishonesty, etc :smile:

Oh so if a poem was about crime, the themes would be what ?
Oh so if a poem was about crime, the themes would be what ?

Well it would depend on what light the poem portrayed the crime in, but crime would be a theme :tongue: what it's about = the theme
Well it would depend on what light the poem portrayed the crime in, but crime would be a theme :tongue: what it's about = the theme

oh I see I think through practise I will be able to spot them easily. Thank you. And have you done the poems that I mentioned earlier ? x
oh I see I think through practise I will be able to spot them easily. Thank you. And have you done the poems that I mentioned earlier ? x

I've not studied any of them before unfortunately :redface:
I've not studied any of them before unfortunately :redface:

Oh I see but can you help me if you can please ? Do you mind? if you can't then its finen too

:s-smilie:
Oh I see but can you help me if you can please ? Do you mind? if you can't then its finen too

:s-smilie:
I couldn't seem to access any of the first ones or History online, but I've found this bit about A Leisure Centre is also a Temple of Learning HERE, which can be analysed very much about it's portrayal of beauty, femininity and also desire. Make sure you think about the structure of it too, with the isolated lines at the end :smile:
I couldn't seem to access any of the first ones or History online, but I've found this bit about A Leisure Centre is also a Temple of Learning HERE, which can be analysed very much about it's portrayal of beauty, femininity and also desire. Make sure you think about the structure of it too, with the isolated lines at the end :smile:

Thank you very much for finding that out for me. And you see if I use that website you think it'll talk about other poems in the same way ??
Thank you very much for finding that out for me. And you see if I use that website you think it'll talk about other poems in the same way ??

It could do, it's just a collection of random notes and essays :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest