The Student Room Group

What argument do liberals and greens have for not voting for Corbyn?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheDefiniteArticle
Private ownership of land and the means of production has been around since at least the dawn of the Roman era.

Without getting into any discussions about the economics of the Roman Empire, the dawn of the Roman era to the present day accounts for about 1% of our time on Earth. For the vast majority of our existence, land has primarily been considered common property, and rights to private ownership have generally come about as a result of force and usurpation by those who hold political and military power.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 41
Original post by the bear
but he has close relations with members of the Afro-Caribbean community. very close.

I would even say deep relations.
Original post by CAElite
I mean labour as a whole, not just their leader. Corbyn is a step in the right direction but he can spout anything and it wont mean anything if he doesnt get the "new labour" right wing under control. Although I must admit I have witnessed him taking steps in that direction, its too early too fully make up my mind for the next UK election yet, pretty much set on who im voting for during the next Scottish election though.

It's funny how "getting the right winger under control" means pandering to their every whim. Whilst "getting the left wing under control" means cutting them out of any kind of influence and side lining them. The right wing of the party are being hoisted by their own petard.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Captain Haddock
Without getting into any discussions about the economics of the Roman Empire, the dawn of the Roman era to the present day accounts for about 1% of our time on Earth. For the vast majority of our existence, land has primarily been considered common property, and rights to private ownership have generally come about as a result of force and usurpation by those who hold political and military power.

There's a difference between land being common property and land being assumed to be common property (or there not being sufficient coercive power in the hands of an individual to hold dominion).

Furthermore, we have evidence of what effectively amounts to private ownership dating back pretty much as far as civilisation by way of agriculture.
Original post by Jammy Duel
That is kinda the way politics works, and I would be incredibly surprised if it is not the case for the SNP. Of course, the funny thing about the SNP is how they take credit for everything they see as good, even when they have nothing to do with it, and then blame everything they see as bad on Westminster, even when it is 100% the fault of the SNP (as it often is). To be totally honest, I'm surprised they haven't tried blaming Westminster for the crash of oil prices.

Im not going to deny that claim as it is a true one. However the blame game is rampant in all sides of pollitics. Hell I think the beeb where blaming the SNP for the weather at the height of the referendum campaign.
Original post by CAElite
Im not going to deny that claim as it is a true one. However the blame game is rampant in all sides of pollitics. Hell I think the beeb where blaming the SNP for the weather at the height of the referendum campaign.

The BBC is one of the most impartial news networks there is. I know because those on the right claim a left wing bias and those on the left claim a right wing bias. You can't blame the Beeb for the cons against scottish independence outweighing the pros for.
Original post by Lime-man
The BBC is one of the most impartial news networks there is. I know because those on the right claim a left wing bias and those on the left claim a right wing bias. You can't blame the Beeb for the cons against scottish independence outweighing the pros for.

Eh, I agree for UK wide affairs the beeb have a pretty good record. During the referendum campaign and on some global affairs they are pretty much the ruling parties mouthpiece though. Some of their coverage in Scotland was disgusting
Original post by Zargabaath
If they vote for a popular party like Labour, they'll lose their special snowflake status.

_20160127_191257.JPG
Reply 48

Their covering of the refugees crisis was appalling. Constantly showing pictures of children when
they are a tiny minority...
Original post by Josb
Their covering of the refugees crisis was appalling. Constantly showing pictures of children when

The children are more important than the adults, the children is where national interest lies.
Reply 50
The children are more important than the adults, the children is where national interest lies.

It's a personal opinion that is not "impartial".
Original post by Josb
It's a personal opinion that is not "impartial".

I never said it was completely impartial
Original post by Josb

Their coverage of ISIS has been appalling, not once have they stated the merits of ISIS' viewpoints and approach.
Original post by Josb
I would even say deep relations.

pushing the envelope of interpersonal multiculturalism
Reply 54
Original post by The Reality
He is everything you guys want. He is left wing and supports a left wing system of governence. Why would you not vote for him. He voices the same concerns as you people?

He's a fraud. He has spent his entire political career making a living off a party he really doesn't agree with. The party he does truly agree with has no MP's and thus he couldn't make a living from. That, pretty much, is a good definition of a fraud.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending