The Student Room Group

Dating multiple men

Scroll to see replies

i think its ok....
im sure many guys do this anyways, but you need to make it clear to them that its just like a link up sorta thing to get to know them and that you will decide later if you want to be serious .
It also depends what you do on the dates with these guys :smile:
Reply 41
Have just been on my most terrible and boring date ever! I Couldn't wait to escape
Reply 42
Original post by ikhan94
Yes, i doubt any man will be with you if they know your dating other men....

Guys do this a lot before they settle for the girl they actually like
Reply 43
Original post by mackemforever
Just because you're not exclusive with any of them doesn't mean that they know that. If they are under the impression that you are then what you're doing is completely wrong and pretty damn whoreish.

They do talk to other girls on social media platforms,we aren't exclusive at all so everyone is free to do what their heart desires
Reply 44
Original post by mrhedgehog
Put it this way, if you was dating a guy and he was the only one but he was dating more than one person, would you like to know?

Unless I really was into the guy,it's his personal life
Reply 45
Original post by RamocitoMorales
How do you have time to date anyone when you're on TSR 24/7? :curious:

Went on a terrible tinder date tonight. I also dated a different guy last weekend . Keep stalking me,I like it :wink:
Reply 46
Original post by Foo.mp3
If the following conditions are met, then it is perfectly legit to (discretely) date multiple people, in my estimation, in the 21st century:

1. None of your dates have reason to believe/may reasonably expect that you are exclusive

2. You have not slept with anyone who has indicated that they would be hurt if you slept with another, or you have reason to believe they may well be hurt by such an act, and you have committed/are contemplating such an act

I used to disregard both 1 and 2, and hurt a few people along the way. As I matured, I started to incorporate 1 into my concerns and, now I've a fair bit of experience and like to think of myself as a moral person, I always check in (internally) with both 1 and 2 :smile:

1) they wouldn't have a reason to believe we are exclusive unless we've gone on several dates

2) so what if I slept with someone during early stages of dating and they told me they didn't want me dating they people,what do I do? Unless I like them that much,I'm not just going to change my mind seeing as we aren't even exclusive and it's early days. I don't let people dictate to me what I can't do during early days
Original post by Dopesmoker
Why on earth have 21 people repped this post?

That's how TSR rep works. Make a sarcastic reply on the first page and you'll swim in it. No matter how stupid.

As for OPs question, as long as they're aware that you aren't exclusive then there's no problem in my eyes.

People here seem to think dating means you're 100% committed to someone when inactuality it varies.
Generally the perception is that if you're dating someone, you're not doing anything else on the side. So most people would presume this unless told otherwise, you should be more open with that - yes it's cheating to an extent. Also if you're asking a question like this you must have guessed people were going to say that is was cheating and thus some harsher people were going to give you flak. Nothing that's happened in this thread is particularly unexpected.
Reply 49
Original post by ron_trns
Generally the perception is that if you're dating someone, you're not doing anything else on the side. So most people would presume this unless told otherwise, you should be more open with that - yes it's cheating to an extent. Also if you're asking a question like this you must have guessed people were going to say that is was cheating and thus some harsher people were going to give you flak. Nothing that's happened in this thread is particularly unexpected.

How is it cheating if we aren't exclusive?!
Awaits the 'Why can't I find a nice man' thread.

Play games, get ****ed over.
Reply 51
Original post by mathskillsme
Awaits the 'Why can't I find a nice man' thread.

Play games, get ****ed over.

I'm not expecting to create that thread just yet but will make sure to keep you updated :wink:
Original post by Daniellaaa
Is this frowned upon and regarded as cheating? I'm dating more than one person right now. I am obliged to tell my dates this?

In early stages of looking for a relationship, would be more surprised if you werent dating multiple people actually.

Things can go wrong on dates, e.g. not as attracted as you thought you would be; not looking for the same thing relationship wise; they are weird/creepy; etc - so to prevent having to continuously go through the search process for a date again and again, it makes most sense to date multiple people to begin with.
(edited 8 years ago)
How is it cheating if we aren't exclusive?!
Not everyone, in fact I'd say the majority don't make that distinction. There is no way you don't already know this. To prove the point if your dates are aware of this, then be straight with them that you are looking into other guys on the sides. If they are genuinely aware then they won't care and you can go on your merry way but I suspect you wouldn't be worried about telling them if you didn't feel they wouldn't have a poor response to the matter.
Reply 54
Original post by Dopesmoker
In early stages of looking for a relationship, would be more surprised if you werent dating multiple people actually.

Things can go wrong on dates, e.g. not as attracted as you thought you would be; not looking for the same thing relationship wise; they are weird/creepy; etc, so to prevent having to continuously go through the search process for a date again and again, it makes most sense to date multiple people to begin with.

Somebody with a real sense of reality
Went on a terrible tinder date tonight.

Did he not agree to 'TSR and chill'? :laugh:

Daniellaaa
Keep stalking me,I like it :wink:

Of course; you're an attention seeker. :wink:
Reply 56
Original post by RamocitoMorales
Did he not agree to 'TSR and chill'? :laugh:

Of course; you're an attention seeker. :wink:

No,he preferred drinks and chill.

You're hooked :wink:
we're in the UK, not the US. Here people don't have the attitude of allowing multiple dates at once like they do over in the latter, so you need to let them know and not just keep it on private since the dating culture not the same
if you dont want **** to happen...then yes definately
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 59
Original post by YesAllMen
we're in the UK, not the US. Here people don't have the attitude of allowing multiple dates at once like they do over in the latter, so you need to let them know and not just keep it on private since the dating culture not the same

I'm used to the American way of dating so it's abit of a shocker. Everybody is laid back in the states

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending