The Student Room Group

British people and dating

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Daniellaaa
Politics,culture,music,

Americans foreign policy is terrible they have constantly been at war for decades and they are hated around the world because of it.

America has no culture whatsoever everyone knows that even Americans themselves.

American music may be influential but that is only because of the massive amount dollars behind these musicians.
Reply 61
Awkward

Must just be into assertiveness:tongue:

Original post by Xmas lover
Good stuff, eh? So much better than bourbon!

I dunno, a good bourbon goes a looooooooooooooonnnnnnnnngggggggg way:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
Face to face us Brits act liberal and such, yet the backchat behind closed doors can be just as vile as the Yanks or worse. The reason for this type of reaction 'slut' is that some see TSR as a place of discussion behind a protective veil of anonymity that is the Internet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Lighten up everyone and be abit more open minded

Do these guys know that you're slyly with more than one?
He's being judgmental. Or can you not read?

Says the girl who made a thread devoted to JUDGING british people.
I hate the Yanks. @Daniellaaa epitomises why. Loud, abrasive and judgemental. The "I'm holy than tho" attitude.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 66
Original post by Ya Dunno Treize.
Do these guys know that you're slyly with more than one?

No it's early days and they also talk to other girls too
Original post by al_94
Americans foreign policy is terrible they have constantly been at war for decades and they are hated around the world because of it.

America has no culture whatsoever everyone knows that even Americans themselves.

American music may be influential but that is only because of the massive amount dollars behind these musicians.

Eeek.

As much as I disagree with the OP, don't stoop to bashing America with misinformed generalisations.
Reply 68
What is it with British people and calling 'yanks' loud? Loud and proud I say
Reply 69
Original post by AlwaysWatching
I hate the Yanks. @Daniellaaa epitomises why. Loud, abrasive and judgemental. The "I'm holy than tho" attitude.

Calls me judgemental when most of the judgemental posters are all British
Reply 70
Original post by drumsticks
Eeek.

As much as I disagree with the OP, don't stoop to bashing America with misinformed generalisations.

Show me what I said that is wrong then
Calls me judgemental when most of the judgemental posters are all British

We didn't start the thread or have the original post. Go on an American forum and rant there.
Reply 72
We didn't start the thread or have the original post. Go on an American forum and rant there.

Eurgh get over yourself
No it's early days and they also talk to other girls too

:toofunny:

No wait hold up... I take back my first initial post about you not being a "slut".

There's a difference between "talking" to the opposite sex and actually dating them.

I talk to females everyday that doesn't mean a thing.

But if you're sneaking around behind these guys back with other dudes, when potentially you could or will shag one of them eventually, and they have no idea, then yes that's wrong.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 74
Original post by Ya Dunno Treize.
:toofunny:

No wait hold up... I take back my first initial post about you not being a "slut".

There's a difference between "talking" to the opposite sex and actually dating them.

I talk to females everyday that doesn't mean a thing.

But if you're sneaking around behind these guys back with other dudes, when potentially you could or will cheat eventually, then yes that's wrong.

I'm not exclusive with any of the men. You've only been on a handful of dates. It's pretty normal for people to go on dates with different people during early stages of dating and I haven't given the impression that I'm into anyone exclusively
Eurgh get over yourself

Another post that epitomises the reason. How about thinking before you post?
Reply 76
Another post that epitomises the reason. How about thinking before you post?

How about you stop generalising
Why are British people so conservative with issues such as multiple person dating? To the extent you get called a slut. This is a shocker. In America it doesn't really matter whether you're dating 5 men at once. It's only a ****ing date.

Most people on TSR only have hypothetical opinions on dating and relationships. Also I skimmed the thread and most people were laid back about it anyway so IDK what you're bitching about.
I'm not exclusive with any of the men. You've only been on a handful of dates. It's pretty normal for people to go on dates with different people during early stages of dating and I haven't given the impression that I'm into anyone exclusively

Yes, but they don't know that do they?

They probably think you like them, plus they are clueless to what you're doing. So you dipping and dabbing with other dudes like this is probably harmless in your eyes.

But eventually somewhere down the line, one of these guys is going to get hurt.
Because we have tradition over here. America and Australia are the same, there are no proper pubs or buildings of history like there are here. the same applies to our conservative approach, we dont like blatant in your face stuff, it dosent bode well with the majority of the population and you are being rightly put down in the manner you are.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending