The Student Room Group

NAT5 modern studies prelim help

hey does anyone know the statistics I have to know for the modern studies prelim/mock/exam?? (or post a link) also what's the most effective way to revise and remember all the background knowledge? :argh::dontknow:
At national 5, everyone studies different areas. That's why in the exam there 6 sections with different headings. Which topics are you doing?
Reply 2
Original post by Higherdude
At national 5, everyone studies different areas. That's why in the exam there 6 sections with different headings. Which topics are you doing?

I'm doing maths, English, modern studies, physics, art&design and graphic communication
Reply 3
No, topics in modern studies. Every school studies slightly different things in modern studies...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by alana_p
No, topics in modern studies. Every school studies slightly different things in modern studies...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ah right :facepalm:inequality in the usa, the Scottish government, democracy in the usa, what makes a criminal, idk if we have 6...
Reply 5
No there should be 3...youll have to know this for the exam or youll not be able to even know what questions to answer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by holly364
ah right :facepalm:inequality in the usa, the Scottish government, democracy in the usa, what makes a criminal, idk if we have 6...

In the course you have 3 units
Democracy in Scotland and the UK

Social inequalities

World issues and powers (in your case the USA as a world power)

The paper will have 2 sections fo each unit and you have to choose 1 section to answer fo each unit. For example section A and B will be democracy in Scotland and the UK. Section A will concern democray in Scotland and B will concern democracy in the UK. Therefore in the exam you may want to choose Democray in the UK.

Then you will move onto unit two when you choose between section C and section D. You choose between the topics crime and law and social inequalities.

As the last section you don't have an option as you have only gone over USA as a wold powe theefoe you have to choose the section concening that topic (the USA).
Each section will consist on 2 KU (knowledge based questions) then one souce question. each section should be 20 maks (I think).

Dont foget you souce questions, woth alot and dont need to know knowledge anout the couse for: The DMT (10marks)
Support and oppose (8marks)
Conclusion question (8marks)
Hope this helped
Reply 7
Original post by studyranger
In the course you have 3 units
Democracy in Scotland and the UK

Social inequalities

World issues and powers (in your case the USA as a world power)

The paper will have 2 sections fo each unit and you have to choose 1 section to answer fo each unit. For example section A and B will be democracy in Scotland and the UK. Section A will concern democray in Scotland and B will concern democracy in the UK. Therefore in the exam you may want to choose Democray in the UK.

Then you will move onto unit two when you choose between section C and section D. You choose between the topics crime and law and social inequalities.

As the last section you don't have an option as you have only gone over USA as a wold powe theefoe you have to choose the section concening that topic (the USA).
Each section will consist on 2 KU (knowledge based questions) then one souce question. each section should be 20 maks (I think).

Dont foget you souce questions, woth alot and dont need to know knowledge anout the couse for: The DMT (10marks)
Support and oppose (8marks)
Conclusion question (8marks)
Hope this helped

thank you!
Its not so much statistics you have to learn but any recent example of whatever it is you are answering about in a particular answer. I did national 5 modern studies last year and I found doing practise answers and flashcards really helped me learn my recent examples and use them where I needed to
Original post by ii220
I'm currently in S3, and am contemplating whether or not to take Modern Studies. How did you find it at N5?:smile:

TAKE IT!!! 100% the best subject!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending