The Student Room Group

Post Your Favourite Inspirational Quotes :)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Matrix123
Hi, I thought that this thread could be used for posting some of your favourite quotes. :wink:

There have been many times that my interest in quotes has saved me during various problems and difficult situations in the past. I think that some quotes can have a very significant impact on one if they open up to it and carefully acknowledge its full meaning.

Therefore, in order to make others happy or to brighten up your own day, you can post some inspirational quotes. They can be about anything, just as long as they're inspirational to you, or you think they'll inspire someone else. :biggrin:

One of my favourite inspirational quotes is:
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone can see." :smile:

Probably 'Violent delights meet violent ends' - it to me is the most realistic. You are going to have some high points with your life and some low points.
Steve Jobs
Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes... the ones who see things differently -- they're not fond of rules... You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things... they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.

This is quite possibly the most inspirational thing I've ever read… really speaks to me.
lifes a box of chicken cottage, u dont know exactly how big the wings are, its all down to luck.

@ivy.98
Original post by holiday_agent
Probably 'Violent delights meet violent ends' - it to me is the most realistic. You are going to have some high points with your life and some low points.

Ooh yes, I agree :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iEthan
This is quite possibly the most inspirational thing I've ever read… really speaks to me.

I'm glad you've found a quote you really like. It's these kinds of quotes that speak to you that I think make this thread special to me :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ooh yes, I agree :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you read Romeo and Juliet? I love Friar Lawrence XD
Have you read Romeo and Juliet? I love Friar Lawrence XD

Yes, I have. Same! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm glad you've found a quote you really like. It's these kinds of quotes that speak to you that I think make this thread special to me :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm seeing you everywhere today! Hello again! Yeah… Steve was really an amazing guy. He wasn't willing to compromise at all. Not ever. His attitude was just so inspirational and then his words spoke volumes of his attitudes… just incredible.
Yes, I have. Same! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You are really nice! I am going to REP you :smile:
Original post by iEthan
I'm seeing you everywhere today! Hello again! Yeah… Steve was really an amazing guy. He wasn't willing to compromise at all. Not ever. His attitude was just so inspirational and then his words spoke volumes of his attitudes… just incredible.

Haha yep, hi! :smile: Yeah, it's just so great to have people like him who just do what they want to, no matter how simple the action, but still end up inspiring so many people! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You are really nice! I am going to REP you :smile:

Aww thanks. When I'm next not on the app, I'll have to remember to rep you :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aww thanks. When I'm next not on the app, I'll have to remember to rep you :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks a bunch! <3

S xx
Thanks a bunch! <3

S xx

You're welcome :biggrin: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
"Disregard females, acquire currency"
Ooh loving this one! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sail. Explore. Dream. Discover.ough times never last, but tough people do It Once, Do It Right. Get It Over With!

I ran into my ex today…put it in reverse and did it again!!!

Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poke me in the ribs and cackle, telling me, “You’re next.” They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

Save paper, don’t do home work.

Boys fall for me-
Because I trip them.
Original post by Xmas lover
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sail. Explore. Dream. Discover.ough times never last, but tough people do It Once, Do It Right. Get It Over With!

I ran into my ex today…put it in reverse and did it again!!!

Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poke me in the ribs and cackle, telling me, “You’re next.” They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

Save paper, don’t do home work.

Boys fall for me-
Because I trip them.

Haha I love those last four! Thanks for the humour :smile: but I have to say my favourite is that first one. Is that one of your own or did you get it from somewhere? :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply