The Student Room Group

Girls, have you ever fallen for a guy you weren't initially attracted to?

If so, what changed? Why weren't you initially attracted to them?

Scroll to see replies

Eventually fell for their personality rather than their looks :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Yess. It's just when their personality is reallly attractive, and largely, I find someone who is really devoted to me attractive. Lmao I won't give anyone who says they're attracted/interested in me the time of day if they flirt with other people. I also find, say I'm friends with someone and I go around their house, how they treat their family is really important to me lmao. Like a boy who has a lot of respect for his mother and sisters (assuming they had a decent upbringing) I'd find 1000% more attractive regardless of their looks. And lastly, I'll find someone more attractive based on how they react to my mental health issues. I need people who are understanding and allow me to take my time to develop feelings and be comfortable.
Reply 3
That sad moment when a girl hasn't even fallen in love with my personality yet.
Tbh, no.

Original post by UWS
That sad moment when a girl hasn't even fallen in love with my personality yet.

I know the feels...we'll be ok :console:
Reply 5
Yes a few times. I got to know their personality and over time that made me find them extremely attractive, even physically. I don't understand how it works really, but I've definitely gone from not fancying a guy in the tiniest possible way to being completely crazy over him just by getting to know him a lot more.
Yes! He was actually a really good looking guy and very confident and charming, but because I was still into my ex (who was actually less attractive and had a worse personality) I wasn't in the right frame of mind and just didn't feel that spark at first. Eventually though, his persistence paid off and I fell for him! It was more of a gradual burn than instant fireworks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Yes I surprised myself! But then it's often the cycle of initially finding someone unattractive but then they appear in your dream and you then find yourself feeling differently lol...
Yes ! it took me about 3 months to like my ex ! This is why I always like to give it at least 4 dates ! You would of had to really annoy me not to get a second tbh or I had a lot of doubts ,

A mature person knows its best to get to know someone for a bit before deciding what you feel .You can't always feel sparks instantly you are living in dream world to think that is the be all and end all .

I do find it annoying when people don't give me a fair chance I got strung along after the second date to be told that " I don't feel anything romantic " aka rubbish ,
Eh I'm pretty scared I'm going through this now. I sat next to this guy in Year 9 maths when I was in a v low set before I moved up. Now in sixth form he's chosen subjects hes good at, hes more in my crowd now and we've started talking/bonding. We share music taste (old classics- when I put Baccarra on he lost his sheiss), we joke around together and he's just so much fun to be around these days. Before recently I'd never ever been attracted to him (I'm attracted to linguists, tall, large/overweight physique, rugby, etc and he isn't like that at all) but only now I can start seeing myself with him bc he's such a nice guy and can never fail to have a decent convo with. For a girl with the self-esteem of a rock, I find is crazy how he isn't afraid to say hey to me first and sit with me in the study area and not care what others think :h:
Yeah, this tends to happen to me where I don't think the person is attractive when I first meet them or I barely notice them. I'm not sure what happens to make it change though...
in time,sure
Yes. Massively.

I was in a really bad place in my life. This guy, who was friendly with me, liked me. I didn't even know. Then we started spending time together and I just assumed we were close friends - and then he said he wanted more but I wasn't ready at the time so I backed away - politely but I said I still wanted to spend time with him as a friend. He didn't. I didn't see him for months - he just disappeared. Then a few months later I contacted him and he'd moved on completely and basically pushed me away. Now he's in a relationship. Sucks. I just wasn't ready at the time. I guess it's not anyone's fault. Bad timing. But he was a special part of my life and I don't think he even knows at all. Probably doesn't remember me now anyway.
Their personality was everything and more. It sucks in the end because you go from speaking every single day to once again being mere acquaintances.
(edited 8 years ago)
There was an occassion where this did happen to me, there was a guy who I made friends with and I didn't feel any attraction to him at first but then I got to know his personality and I realized I really enjoyed his company. And he was always such a gentleman to me, and was always sweet and kind to me. That's what made me attracted to him in the end but I never pursued it because we're both in relationship and I would never want to ruin our friendship.
very much so :tongue:
Yeah. When I met my ex I wasn't instantly attracted to him. We became friends and feelings grew naturally.
If a girl uses a lad 'as a means to an end' is that worse or the same as a boy doing the exact same ??
Original post by Anonymous
If a girl uses a lad 'as a means to an end' is that worse or the same as a boy doing the exact same ??

Literally do not understand what you're asking.

Using another person is never okay regardless of gender.
Original post by Anonymous
Yes. Massively.

I was in a really bad place in my life.

This is why pick-up artists hang around IKEA

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending