The Student Room Group

Have you ever purchased a status symbol item?

cars, watches, clothes etc

Scroll to see replies

I don't know if this counts… perhaps in the "pretentiousness" section of status. I own an Apple Watch :lol:
Er do gifts count?
Reply 3
Original post by iEthan
I don't know if this counts… perhaps in the "pretentiousness" section of status. I own an Apple Watch :lol:

how is it? haha unrelated!
Reply 4
Original post by enaayrah
Er do gifts count?

yep
Original post by Bill_Gates
yep

I don't think I ever have :redface:

Maybe perfumes but no one really walks around flashing their perfume bottles :tongue:
how is it? haha unrelated!

It makes my life immensely easier! Also allows me to track things on the go i.e. steps, calories, exercise, etc. really useful! I especially like that most Watch faces sync to your calendar so if I forget where I'm meant to be going I don't have to fumble for my phone. I suppose it's a bit of a gimmick but I find uses!
Reply 7
Original post by iEthan
It makes my life immensely easier! Also allows me to track things on the go i.e. steps, calories, exercise, etc. really useful! I especially like that most Watch faces sync to your calendar so if I forget where I'm meant to be going I don't have to fumble for my phone. I suppose it's a bit of a gimmick but I find uses!

sounds interesting, how's the battery?
sounds interesting, how's the battery?

Excellent! Lasts at least 2 days without any problems!
Never, the closest I've ever got was considering buying Beats but theyre genuinely terrible headphones.

I can't fathom the types who spend like 300 quid on celebrity endorsed ****, crazy.
Yes. Why not?

What do you mean, like, Iphones/ Macs etc?

If so, no, there are far better things to spend that sort of money on
Yes but not because its a "status symbol" but because I actually like x. I still want a Seiko Astron watch. It costs £2200 and I won't buy it for another three to four years or so but that's because I still have around three to four years left on my guarantee of my current watch

my tag heuer professional and my breitling colt
Original post by The_Internet
Yes but not because its a "status symbol" but because I actually like x. I still want a Seiko Astron watch. It costs £2200 and I won't buy it for another three to four years or so but that's because I still have around three to four years left on my guarantee of my current watch

crazy! don't you have the time on your phone m8?

:tongue:
crazy! don't you have the time on your phone m8?

:tongue:

I do but I'm quite anal about the time and quite so about being able to pull it up quite easily

Also I like to be eco. Japanese innovation

Hmmm..... closest thing to a status symbol is a U87, but they're admired for a reason!
Reply 17
Original post by somemightsay888
Never, the closest I've ever got was considering buying Beats but theyre genuinely terrible headphones.

I can't fathom the types who spend like 300 quid on celebrity endorsed ****, crazy.

Ok :frown: I really like them though they got nice and dirty bass
I once bought a full set of Saradomin armour on Runescape, that counts right?
Original post by -Tasty
Ok :frown: I really like them though they got nice and dirty bass

I like the bass ngl, if you listen primarily to hip hop they're great, but anything else and it sounds a bit unnatural imo :redface:

I preferred the Street by 50, they sounded OK tbh. Still expensive tho

Quick Reply