The Student Room Group

Failing TWO modules in First year

Hi guys, so i now have done my semester 1 exams and it didn't go well as i thought. i have a bad feeling i failed 2 modules. in my Uni i remember them saying if u fail an exam u have to retake in august but i don't know what happens if u fail two exams for two different modules.. if anyone been this situation or know anything about it please help. i really appreciate your help thank u!
Original post by ultimate brain
Hi guys, so i now have done my semester 1 exams and it didn't go well as i thought. i have a bad feeling i failed 2 modules. in my Uni i remember them saying if u fail an exam u have to retake in august but i don't know what happens if u fail two exams for two different modules.. if anyone been this situation or know anything about it please help. i really appreciate your help thank u!

You should be able to resit both exams in august :smile:
Unlucky.

Don't fret, you'll be able to retake both exams in August. They might be capped at 40%, so make sure you are better prepared.

You should have a student handbook which will explain what happens if you fail any exams. Chances are you will be allowed to retake both modules, and retakes will be capped at 40%.

You should also look at why you failed, to make sure that you are able to pass future exams and pass your retakes in the summer. Perhaps make time to see your lecturers to go through the exam and ask where you could improve.
Original post by claireestelle
You should be able to resit both exams in august :smile:

thanks you
Original post by SlowlorisIncognito
You should have a student handbook which will explain what happens if you fail any exams. Chances are you will be allowed to retake both modules, and retakes will be capped at 40%.

You should also look at why you failed, to make sure that you are able to pass future exams and pass your retakes in the summer. Perhaps make time to see your lecturers to go through the exam and ask where you could improve.

thank you really helpful :smile: :smile:
Original post by Sgt_Haytham
Unlucky.

Don't fret, you'll be able to retake both exams in August. They might be capped at 40%, so make sure you are better prepared.

thank you
Reply 7
You're not alone. There is one module I feel I have failed in. If anything it has made me really determined to succeed going into Semester 2 :smile:
Original post by Mr XcX
You're not alone. There is one module I feel I have failed in. If anything it has made me really determined to succeed going into Semester 2 :smile:

i am glad i am not alone hehe :smile:
Reply 9
i am glad i am not alone hehe :smile:

I got my results back and I got a 1st in the module I thought I failed <333 so anything is possible lol. It said I got 74%. There is no way I got that but I think the examiner had to scale all the scores because everyone did so poorly.

Just one exam left to get my results in but so far everything okay. Its an essay based module though so I am worried if the examiner marker harshly. In the exam my answers slowly went to incoherent messes as the time was running out.

Hope you've done well too :smile:
advice, I basically skipped the whole off frost term with the exception of a few lectures and tutorials but the amount of classes I attended was minor, the second term has just begun and I am now attending regularly, even while I was absent from school I was completed online assignments and did my presentation, however I did not attend classes at all and am likely to fail 3/4 of my modules, I haven't heard anything from the school about my attendance, do I have cause to worry or should I just forget about it and start attending classes
Reply 11
Original post by Jjisking
advice, I basically skipped the whole off frost term with the exception of a few lectures and tutorials but the amount of classes I attended was minor, the second term has just begun and I am now attending regularly, even while I was absent from school I was completed online assignments and did my presentation, however I did not attend classes at all and am likely to fail 3/4 of my modules, I haven't heard anything from the school about my attendance, do I have cause to worry or should I just forget about it and start attending classes

Its a good thing you're attending the lectures now. Just put extra hours in and you'll catch up on the first term if you have the determination to do so.

Also if its like my University, do they have lecture capture?? Where they have recorded the lectures. You might be able to view the ones you missed if your University has a VLE.

Unfortunate name to intellect ratio 😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending