Javier Zanetti
Roberto Carlos
Roy Keane
Gennaro Gattuso
Beckham
Zidane
Giggs
Robinho

Fair play for being the first person to actually post an XI, but Schmeichel and Zidane? WTF?

Mine would be

Barthez

Carlos - Ruddock - Campo - P Neville

Deschamps - Ince - Ginola - Barry

F Inzaghi - Dugarry
(edited 8 years ago)
Schmeichel is a good shout though. VDS was arguably better than him.

As for Zidane, read the first page.
Reply 62
Agree completely on Schmeichel. A wonderful shot-stopper, a commanding presence, a world-class goalkeeper - but not what history suggests.

Many would have you think the man was unbeatable. He was capable of multiple gaffes - usually one after the other, actually - but his high points (the save at St. James' Park, the Bergkamp penalty save, his role in the Treble season) undermines that.

[video="youtube;O7KUCF2iiEc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7KUCF2iiEc[/video]
Reply 63
Original post by Wilfred Little
Schmeichel is a good shout though. VDS was arguably better than him.

As for Zidane, read the first page.

Ooooo VDS was a monster.
Imagine believing "quotes" from Zizi and Xavi you saw on the internet about Scholes :biggrin:

It'll be interesting to see how sir stevie fairs, he's been laughed at a lot over the last few years with good reason but was undoubtedly class in his prime
Original post by leinad2012
Imagine believing "quotes" from Zizi and Xavi you saw on the internet about Scholes :biggrin:

It'll be interesting to see how sir stevie fairs, he's been laughed at a lot over the last few years with good reason but was undoubtedly class in his prime

Reminds me of this
1454006508985.jpg
Reply 66

Yh imagine The Guardian just making up an entire interview http://www.theguardian.com/football/2011/feb/11/xavi-barcelona-spain-interview
Reply 67
Original post by difeo
Yh imagine The Guardian just making up an entire interview http://www.theguardian.com/football/2011/feb/11/xavi-barcelona-spain-interview

Kid's got such a weak argument lol. Oh well he's in denial for no apparent reason. :rofl: Never watched Scholes but claims he's overrated, I wonder what his agenda is.

Saw an article saying he was overrated because of the slip and the red card after 38 seconds. :lol:

Gerrard is, in terms of a combination of longevity and talent, the best attacking CM the PL has had, imo. Top three, for sure.
Original post by little_wizard123
Saw an article saying he was overrated because of the slip and the red card after 38 seconds. :lol:

Gerrard is, in terms of a combination of longevity and talent, the best attacking CM the PL has had, imo. Top three, for sure.

Lampard was the better attacking CM. Scored more goals, more assists and didn't even shirk his defensive duties.
Lampard was definitely the better ACM.

#js

Still love Creasehead though.
Everybody knows Gerrard was better than Lampard. Would Liverpool have won anything with Lampard instead of Gerrard? Not a chance.

Did Lampard ever score a goal that wasn't deflected?
Pretty much every English player to ever play the game
Everybody knows Gerrard was better than Lampard. Would Liverpool have won anything with Lampard instead of Gerrard? Not a chance.

Much #salt

Did Lampard ever bottle the big occasion like Gerrard did quite a few times?

Gerrard only won 3 trophies in 14 years after that infamous treble of 2001.

:biggrin:

You don't score 200+ deflections.
Kaka. The geezer was alright for about a season or two. But then he just got worse and worse.
:biggrin:

You don't score 200+ deflections.

I don't. Lampard did.

You like Grealish. Your arguments are invalid.
Original post by kprime2
Kaka. The geezer was alright for about a season or two. But then he just got worse and worse.

Do you understand what overrated even means? It would appear that many people who have posted do not.

I did think of posting a spin off thread of underrated footballers and Kaka was one of the players I would have posted - he came just after Ronaldo and Zidane's glory years and just before the Messi/Ronaldo domination of football. Rivaldo was another one. Their compatriots like Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and the like get all the plaudits and much of it is deserved, but those two seem to have been forgotten, they rarely get mentioned or thought of when football fans discuss great players.

This is the best hattrick I think I have ever seen. The importance of winning this game as well :cool:
Do you understand what overrated even means? It would appear that many people who have posted do not.

I did think of posting a spin off thread of underrated footballers and Kaka was one of the players I would have posted - he came just after Ronaldo and Zidane's glory years and just before the Messi/Ronaldo domination of football. Rivaldo was another one. Their compatriots like Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and the like get all the plaudits and much of it is deserved, but those two seem to have been forgotten, they rarely get mentioned or thought of when football fans discuss great players.

This is the best hattrick I think I have ever seen. The importance of winning this game as well :cool:

yes I do understand what overrated means
I don't. Lampard did.

You like Grealish. Your arguments are invalid.

So in what was Lampard overrated or score 200 deflections?

Quick Reply

Latest