The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy applicants 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ForestCat
Just remember you're not allowed to share specific interview content. If you want to help, why not post your general advice in this thread and help more people out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Please do not question my integrity. I know the rules.
Original post by spshsha1
Please do not question my integrity. I know the rules.

I did not question it. It was just a gentle reminder.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 922
Original post by maxxwren
Hello and congrats!! Could you give me any advice on the Keele interview? I have mine coming up and I am not so sure what to expect! Thank you so much

I had mine and got an offer at keele. From the interview all I can say is prepare for the regular questions but also questions you probably wouldn't expect. It was my first and so much more thinking on your feet than I expected. Some opinion based answers but whatever answer you give as long as you can back it up with your views/opinion you will be fine.

Good luck!
Offer from Salford yesterday evening. Wohooooo
- Congrats on your offer. Was the interview format single interview and group interview only or was there a maths test please?
Original post by caringhands
- Congrats on your offer. Was the interview format single interview and group interview only or was there a maths test please?

Group task followed by individual interview. Fantastic university the staff are incredible!

No maths or English that is a system error
Group task followed by individual interview. Fantastic university the staff are incredible!

No maths or English that is a system error

I thought the staff were superb on the open day as well. Thats useful info regarding the interview. Much appreciated.
Original post by grm444
Hi I have an upcoming Cardiff interview in feb which I'm very nervous about! how did you find to interview process there? i've heard its like multi mini interviews with different stations, did you succeed in you interview? :smile:

Hello, I found it quite tough but I really enjoyed it because it was a bit different to any of the others i'd been to. They should email you information about what the interview consists of before. I didn't think it had gone very well but it must have been okay as I got the offer :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi,
I have one question regarding selection day in Sheffield
If anybody know if all candidates take part in all three stages of selection day or do you need to pass writing part to get into group exercise and then to individual part.
I will be great full for any information.
Original post by Barchoka
Hi,
I have one question regarding selection day in Sheffield
If anybody know if all candidates take part in all three stages of selection day or do you need to pass writing part to get into group exercise and then to individual part.
I will be great full for any information.

You do all three parts (even if you have a mega fail in any one of them) - they could be done in any order depending on your group
Original post by caringhands
You do all three parts (even if you have a mega fail in any one of them) - they could be done in any order depending on your group

Thank you for that information.
I was really worried because my English is not great and I was afraid that this will cross my chances. This way I at least can do my best.

One more time thank you for information
Reply 930
Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone has any interview tips and also how long it took for people to first hear from the unis after applying! I applied in the first week of January to Salford, Man Met, Sheffield Hallam, Huddersfield and Keele.

I just got an email off Huddersfield giving me an interview on 2nd of Feb! Really nervous as its so soon! Any help and insight into the day would be greatly appreciated! Anyone else have Huddersfield on the 2nd too?? :smile:
Right here it goes, Ive no completed all my interviews and am happy to say I will be studying physiotherapy in September.

Now let me try help anyone else who is still applying,

for you group interview:
DO NOT take the lead
DO NOT stay quiet
DO NOT be bossy
DO be a good team player do your role well
DO talk through with your team what your doing
DO introduce yourself to your team at the start

and finally relax.

One to one interviews are mostly similar so the questions that will be asked are 'why this university' 'why physiotherapy' so have good answers prepared and constantly dwell on your experiences.

When it comes to the scenarios don't panic nothing is knew or anything you won't have previously covered in placement.

All the best
I just received an email from Cardiff Uni for an interview for Physiotherapy! Any tips?
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi,
I had an interview at St georges on the 13th. Was just wondering if anyone else did too and if they have heard anything yet?
Which uni are you going to?
I've just been wondering about a back up plan for if I don't achieve the grades for physiotherapy and the university doesn't accept me on the grades I have from A Levels. So obviously I'll try for clearing and do everything possible to try and get onto a course this year in 2016. However, if all of this fails, I'm trying to think of the best way to get these grades for the following year. What is everyone's best suggestion, retake an A level or two in my own time? Try an alternative course which enables you to apply for an MSc Physiotherapy? College Course?
I'm coming to the realisation that for me to get a B in biology is becoming a real struggle, so trying to be prepared now for if that does become the case.
Reply 936
Original post by Oliver_1_2
I've just been wondering about a back up plan for if I don't achieve the grades for physiotherapy and the university doesn't accept me on the grades I have from A Levels. So obviously I'll try for clearing and do everything possible to try and get onto a course this year in 2016. However, if all of this fails, I'm trying to think of the best way to get these grades for the following year. What is everyone's best suggestion, retake an A level or two in my own time? Try an alternative course which enables you to apply for an MSc Physiotherapy? College Course?
I'm coming to the realisation that for me to get a B in biology is becoming a real struggle, so trying to be prepared now for if that does become the case.

I'd suggest re-sitting and taking the time next year to gain more work experience. Don't be disheartened if you don't achieve the grades this time around, by persevering you will be a strong candidate for the following year as it will show your commitment. MScs are even more competitive and will require a lot more work and time! So I'd bear that in mind but I think it's about what suits you best and what you'd be happiest doing!
Reply 937
Original post by Oliver_1_2

I didn't get in last year because of my grades so I am resitting a few exams this year to help get my grades up and have reapplied. It's not the worst thing to have happened as it has allowed me to gain more work experience and I feel much more relaxed at interviews. Hopefully it will all go well for you and you won't have to resit though!
Right here it goes, Ive no completed all my interviews and am happy to say I will be studying physiotherapy in September.

Now let me try help anyone else who is still applying,

for you group interview:
DO NOT take the lead
DO NOT stay quiet
DO NOT be bossy
DO be a good team player do your role well
DO talk through with your team what your doing
DO introduce yourself to your team at the start

and finally relax.

One to one interviews are mostly similar so the questions that will be asked are 'why this university' 'why physiotherapy' so have good answers prepared and constantly dwell on your experiences.

When it comes to the scenarios don't panic nothing is knew or anything you won't have previously covered in placement.

All the best

Spshsha1, will you be studying at Salford?
Great advice for the interview. I think the key is to relax, like you have said. Good luck to everyone!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 939
Hi everyone! Does anyone have any advise for Kings College London interviews!!!! Got mine next week! X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending