The Student Room Group

Imperial College medicine applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Natalierose16
Did they give you a reason as to why? Condolences btw, I'm still waiting to hear :frown:

No, they just said there is a high volume of applicants.
Thanks, hope you get a good response soon.

Original post by Cadherin
Really sorry to hear. Quite good BMAT scores as well.

Best of luck with your other applications. Where else have you applied too?

Thanks, you too. I also got a rejection from Barts in early December. I've had interviews for medicine at Kings and St Georges, also UCL for pharmacy. Still waiting for a response.
Original post by WickedK
Hi, I got an offer last Friday, but I only got it through track, and Imperial haven't emailed me anything yet. Is this normal? Any help would be vastly appreciated.

Yup, that's perfectly normal.
Original post by RoseV666
No, they just said there is a high volume of applicants.
Thanks, hope you get a good response soon.

Thanks, you too. I also got a rejection from Barts in early December. I've had interviews for medicine at Kings and St Georges, also UCL for pharmacy. Still waiting for a response.

King's is meant to be really good, as is St George's. I hope you get an offer - if your UKCAT is as good as your BMAT, you should be in with a good chance. :smile:
Thank you :smile:
Finally an offer from Imperial A*AA - my first choice! I don't know what to do with myself. Still in shock
Not sure whether I'm more happy about the fact that I got an offer, or the fact that it came through on UCAS at 22:01 - their obsession with 22:01 lives on! :biggrin:
Offer conditional upon achieving A in Maths or Classical Languages wahey!!!
Original post by yasaminO_o
Offer conditional upon achieving A in Maths or Classical Languages wahey!!!

Ahh! Congrats to you :smile:
Original post by swopnil
Ahh! Congrats to you :smile:

Thank you! I don't know how I'm supposed to sleep now, though lol 😂
Thank you! I don't know how I'm supposed to sleep now, though lol 😂

Hehe, you're clearly happy! 👀
You deserve your sleep tbh 💤.
Original post by swopnil
Hehe, you're clearly happy! 👀
You deserve your sleep tbh 💤.

Haha thanks, I finally fell asleep around 7 and woke up about half an hour ago 😂😂😂
Haha thanks, I finally fell asleep around 7 and woke up about half an hour ago 😂😂😂

Lol at your sleeping pattern!! 😂😂
Actually I can't say, I do that too and it's awkward when you go downstairs and realise that all of your family has gone to work and you are just going to bed!🌚💩
Did anyone else just get an email from imperial about how to get the most from a degree at imperial? I haven't reveived an interview/rejection yet so it really shook me up 😂 I really thought it was an interview invitation then hahaha oh well
Haha yh me too. I think it's a good sign.
Did anyone else just get an email from imperial about how to get the most from a degree at imperial? I haven't reveived an interview/rejection yet so it really shook me up 😂 I really thought it was an interview invitation then hahaha oh well
Original post by Timon512
Haha yh me too. I think it's a good sign.

I hope so… beginning to lose hope at this point though because it's getting so late, fingers crossed
Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of studying medicine at Imperial College?

I'm hoping to apply for 2017 entry so I'm just in the midst if researching right now

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did you guys (who are still waiting for an interview) get for BMAT? I think I missed the cut-off - I got 4.9, 5.1, 2A. I don't really understand how band 4 works?
Original post by vickiejamorr
What did you guys (who are still waiting for an interview) get for BMAT? I think I missed the cut-off - I got 4.9, 5.1, 2A. I don't really understand how band 4 works?

I got 4.2, 5.4, 2.5B. By band 4 do you mean the letter part of the essay score?
I hope so… beginning to lose hope at this point though because it's getting so late, fingers crossed

I got 2A on the essay too :frown:

Although I've still got my fingers crossed and thumbs hooked they might consider inviting me...
Original post by Cadherin
I got 2A on the essay too :frown:

Although I've still got my fingers crossed and thumbs hooked they might consider inviting me...

I got 2 too. Wouldn't hold your breath m8.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending