The Student Room Group

Would you save your husband or your two kids?

Just wondering what people thought.
So imagine a tragic scenario (anything) and you have a choice of saving your husband/wife or your two children from death. BUT the twist is that you will defo die in the process despite who you choose. Who will you pick? and why?
(You can ONLY pick one or the other)

***EDIT: HUSBAND/WIFE:biggrin:
children's age: 6 and 10
(Take into account, trauma etc and other factors. What if the kids/spouse end up in a worse situation?)
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Two kids because I wouldn't have a husband. I would have a wife. :tongue:
Two kids, because without meaning to be narcissistic, I wouldn't want my partner to live on without anyone left.

At least the kids would have each other and can eventually have new families!
Two kids and I hope my hypothetical husband would do the same as well. My two hypothetical kids could do so much; they wouldn't deserve to die young
Two kids. This will be everybody's answer. Everybody (who's not mental) loves their kid/s more than their partner.
If you save your husband/wife you can always make more kids :biggrin:
But personally I don't know what I'd do, hopefully that situation never comes.
The kids, obviously.

Can't beat biology.
Reply 7
Unless your two kids were burgeoning tyrants, of course any decent parent would save the kids. Especially given that we're talking about two lives here.

I doubt the partner would want to live with themselves if their whole family died anyway.
I'd save my children and hope they would be in safe hands throughout the rest of their lives without me.
kids. the thought of baby goats bleating as their flesh begins to sizzle is unbearable.
Well I don't think I'll ever be in that situation because I'm going to be forever alone :cry:
Original post by Ser Alex Toyne
The kids, obviously.

Can't beat biology.

Yes you can? (If even applicable.)
Original post by XcitingStuart
Yes you can? (If even applicable.)

You got my meaning anyway.
Reply 13
I know that if i ever have children one day i would sacrifice myself for them without question. My future husband would too as that is what every parent would do.
Original post by the bear
kids. the thought of baby goats bleating as their flesh begins to sizzle is unbearable.

I thought you were a bear? :hmmmm2:
Original post by enaayrah
Well I don't think I'll ever be in that situation because I'm going to be forever alone :cry:

You're 18. :colonhash: Snap out of it. :slap:
Original post by Hydeman
I thought you were a bear? :hmmmm2:

we adopted
Reply 17
I would choose my husband, because they can create more children, my children can't create a new husband
Original post by Ser Alex Toyne
You got my meaning anyway.

Yes I did. :biggrin:
Parents outliving their children is more like a curse. So I'd choose children.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending