The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Federer fought well to take it to 4 but at the AO in a night match Djokovic is just too good. Federer knows his best chance at a slam will be at Wimbledon and with his reduced clay schedule he might just make it.
Djokovic's title to lose.
Original post by lizzy95
Federer fought well to take it to 4 but at the AO in a night match Djokovic is just too good. Federer knows his best chance at a slam will be at Wimbledon and with his reduced clay schedule he might just make it.

You feel like Djokovic will focus everything on the French Open too considering he's been in the final 3 times but never won the slam.
Sometimes players should know when to call it a day. Federer keeps getting embarrassed by Djokovic, a player who he used to dominate a few years ago. If I were him, I would have retired a couple of seasons ago.
Original post by Zerforax
You feel like Djokovic will focus everything on the French Open too considering he's been in the final 3 times but never won the slam.

Yeah I'm sure along with the Olympics the French Open will be the top priority this year. He's put everything into winning RG every year but has just come up against the best clay courter ever in Nadal and Wawrinka playing the best tennis match ever. I'm hoping that this year he finally gets a break and wins it but we'll see what happens
Original post by lizzy95
Yeah I'm sure along with the Olympics the French Open will be the top priority this year. He's put everything into winning RG every year but has just come up against the best clay courter ever in Nadal and Wawrinka playing the best tennis match ever. I'm hoping that this year he finally gets a break and wins it but we'll see what happens

What surface will the Olympic matches be played on?
Reply 4626
Original post by The_K1NG
Sometimes players should know when to call it a day. Federer keeps getting embarrassed by Djokovic, a player who he used to dominate a few years ago. If I were him, I would have retired a couple of seasons ago.

He's losing to one player, like everyone else is, and pretty much blowing away everyone else he plays. In fact, when not playing against each other in slams, Djokovic-Federer were 3-3 last year in meetings.

While I agree that it was pretty uncomfortable watching Federer lose those first two sets 6-1 6-2. But I'm tired of people saying he should retire because he's losing to Djokovic (albeit at the big moments in the slams), when he's still dominating the rest of the field. Rafa should probably retire too, and Murray, eh.
Original post by Zerforax
What surface will the Olympic matches be played on?

I think I heard something about it being played on hard courts but I may be wrong. If not hard then clay I guess.
Original post by lizzy95
I think I heard something about it being played on hard courts but I may be wrong. If not hard then clay I guess.

It's definitely hard courts, which I find strange. Last one was on grass and one before hard court. Should've been clay this time.
Original post by Smash50
It's definitely hard courts, which I find strange. Last one was on grass and one before hard court. Should've been clay this time.

Yeah it's definitely strange, I assumed once Rio won the games that the natural choice for the tennis tournament would be clay but for whatever reason they've gone with hard courts instead, maybe they really want Roger Federer to get that elusive singles gold but I guess conditions will be key too. If it's a fast hard court, since it's only best of 3, Federer would have a great chance, otherwise it's hard to see past Djokovic, unless Stan the Man makes an appearance.
Looking forward to the clash today - should be able to catch a few hours of it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Come on Andy!
Wow the BBC is really pinning their hopes on the Djokovic from the Simon match making an appearance in the final... Good luck there
Wonder if Murray would fly home now if his wife started labour :colondollar:
Wow looks like Serena could lose this!
Kerber playing outstandingly well but the match is still on Williams' racquet
What an incredible match from Kerber! I'm sure Serena will get to 22 but a more competitive WTA is extremely welcome!
Yeah, Angelique Kerber really did it! she won the Australian Open. Congratulations to you! she has beaten a champion to become a champion.
Slam #11 who despite not playing great in sets 2 and 3 played the big points better, hope this is the year Djokovic can finally complete the career slam
Novak is just a machine! :awesome: Gutted for Andy, though! :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest