The Student Room Group

I have conflicted feelings for my ex

When i was in year 10 I had my first boyfriend. We was on and off for about one and a half years. I absolutely loved him because he was my first boyfriend but he treated me badly (flirting with other girls and getting close with his ex) and i just ignored it when anyone told me bc i loved him.

He has no education (GCSE's or Alevel) and works at his uncles takeaway and probably will for the rest of his life. He also smokes joints and smokes in general 24/7. I used to smoke joints we even had a few seshs together after we broke up but ive stopped now/smoke occasionally but he smokes like a chimney.

We still talk and sometimes flirt. Hes one of my good friends. He's always there for me and i can be open to him about anything at all. Hes been wanting to get back with me for years and i know this time he will be good to me. we once talked about marriage and he said that he would like to marry me and me and him would be solid. Im not attracted to him/love him anymore but i still feel something in my heart for him after all this time. Ive even been with one of his best friends about a year ago.

If i decide to be with him he wouldnt give me the life i want and i would be going against my parents as they hate him.

Me and my ex's best friend only met up three times and we wasnt in a relationship. we havnt had s^x. I fell in love with him and he rejected me and didnt want me. My ex found out and got a bit annoyed

sorry for the super long thread about this messy situation but i dont know what to do regarding me ex.
Original post by Anonymous
When i was in year 10 I had my first boyfriend. We was on and off for about one and a half years. I absolutely loved him because he was my first boyfriend but he treated me badly (flirting with other girls and getting close with his ex) and i just ignored it when anyone told me bc i loved him.

He has no education (GCSE's or Alevel) and works at his uncles takeaway and probably will for the rest of his life. He also smokes joints and smokes in general 24/7. I used to smoke joints we even had a few seshs together after we broke up but ive stopped now/smoke occasionally but he smokes like a chimney.

We still talk and sometimes flirt. Hes one of my good friends. He's always there for me and i can be open to him about anything at all. Hes been wanting to get back with me for years and i know this time he will be good to me. we once talked about marriage and he said that he would like to marry me and me and him would be solid. Im not attracted to him/love him anymore but i still feel something in my heart for him after all this time. Ive even been with one of his best friends about a year ago.

If i decide to be with him he wouldnt give me the life i want and i would be going against my parents as they hate him.

Me and my ex's best friend only met up three times and we wasnt in a relationship. we havnt had s^x. I fell in love with him and he rejected me and didnt want me. My ex found out and got a bit annoyed

sorry for the super long thread about this messy situation but i dont know what to do regarding me ex.

Stick to being friends at most, doesnt sound like it would be a good idea to be in a relationship with him.
From an outsider's point of view - don't do it. Cut off contact with him.

His lifestyle sounds terrible and it'd be awful for you or possibly kids getting sucked into it.

Maybe you feel something because he's making himself an option to you and you're still in contact with him after the break-up. Don't be.
If you don't feel you love him or are attracted to him and all the other things about him you mentioned, I wouldn't go for it, at least now now. If you feel that way now, things may get worse not better and you could end up very unhappy. Plus it would be nice to have someone which your parents could be in support the relationship. You never know who you may meet or fall for. You may just always have a soft spot for him because he was your first boyfriend and you were so young.

You don't want be with someone because they're an option, there happens to be no one else around and you kind of like them a bit but aren't sure. Don't just settle.

You want someone who makes you feel amazing and excited and whisked off your feet. Everyone deserves to experience that type of love at least once.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm gonna tell you what i think from based on this thread. In the end its your life AND you decisions :smile:

But love, what i think this is plain pity, combined with the rejection from the other guy you had. If you're not attracted to him in any way, the thing in your heart is cause of his situation right now, also the soft spot you have for him-clearly seeing as he's one of your good friends right?

Also he's the one giving you lots of attention, seeing as he wants to get back with you...also because as the other guy you fell for didn't accept you, basically your mind is using your ex as a rebound sorta thing?

I honestly think that its better to stay friends with this guy. If you have a goal/want to be somewhere in life, getting with this guy right now might deter you, because of influences. If your parents dislike this ex, there must've been a good reason-they've seen much more than us lot. I'd say be with a guy you truly like/love and vice versa and not because of pity/past relationship history.

But take this in a good way yeah??:smile:
Reply 5
Original post by claireestelle
Stick to being friends at most, doesnt sound like it would be a good idea to be in a relationship with him.

Original post by SeanFM
From an outsider's point of view - don't do it. Cut off contact with him.

His lifestyle sounds terrible and it'd be awful for you or possibly kids getting sucked into it.

Maybe you feel something because he's making himself an option to you and you're still in contact with him after the break-up. Don't be.

Original post by tinkerbelle2
If you don't feel you love him or are attracted to him and all the other things about him you mentioned, I wouldn't go for it, at least now now. If you feel that way now, things may get worse not better and you could end up very unhappy. Plus it would be nice to have someone which your parents could be in support the relationship. You never know who you may meet or fall for. You may just always have a soft spot for him because he was your first boyfriend and you were so young.

You don't want be with someone because they're an option, there happens to be no one else around and you kind of like them a bit but aren't sure. Don't just settle.

You want someone who makes you feel amazing and excited and whisked off your feet. Everyone deserves to experience that type of love at least once.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm gonna tell you what i think from based on this thread. In the end its your life AND you decisions :smile:

But love, what i think this is plain pity, combined with the rejection from the other guy you had. If you're not attracted to him in any way, the thing in your heart is cause of his situation right now, also the soft spot you have for him-clearly seeing as he's one of your good friends right?

Also he's the one giving you lots of attention, seeing as he wants to get back with you...also because as the other guy you fell for didn't accept you, basically your mind is using your ex as a rebound sorta thing?

I honestly think that its better to stay friends with this guy. If you have a goal/want to be somewhere in life, getting with this guy right now might deter you, because of influences. If your parents dislike this ex, there must've been a good reason-they've seen much more than us lot. I'd say be with a guy you truly like/love and vice versa and not because of pity/past relationship history.

But take this in a good way yeah??:smile:

thank you guys :smile: you've made me see sense, i appreciate it greatly!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending