The Student Room Group

I said something stupid at interview.

The questions was how has your leadership skills progressed.

I couldn't think of the word I wanted to used so I used Pussy-footing around.

Other than that the interview was great, we had a genuine connection, it was supposed to be a short interview but we needed talking about so much, and got into a conversation. I didn't seem like an interview.

I think I have ruined my chances, by using a silly word.
So many times the lady had to stop and say, right we need to get back to the questions. Then she would start talking again.

She even said, you ask great questions.
(edited 8 years ago)
if it makes you feel any better i once shook the pinky finger of an interviewer. the dude was holding a coffee, walked up to me and pointed with his little finger saying "you're xxxx aren't you?". i stook up for the handshake but there was no hand, so i just shook his little finger that he was using to point at me.

"pussy-footing around" though wtf is that. "How have your leadership skills progressed" is one of the easiest questions you can freestyle in an interview. i would have a field day with that. she basically gave you an opportunity to lie about anything you want and you ****ed it up.
Reply 2
Original post by MC booSack
if it makes you feel any better i once shook the pinky finger of an interviewer. the dude was holding a coffee, walked up to me and pointed with his little finger saying "you're xxxx aren't you?". i stook up for the handshake but there was no hand, so i just shook his little finger that he was using to point at me.

"pussy-footing around" though wtf is that. "How have your leadership skills progressed" is one of the easiest questions you can freestyle in an interview. i would have a field day with that. she basically gave you an opportunity to lie about anything you want and you ****ed it up.

Basically I wanted to say I used to work around problems, however I am now more assertive in my role.
Reply 3
Original post by freedom
The questions was how has your leadership skills progressed.

I couldn't think of the word I wanted to used so I used Pussy-footing around.

If you were being interviewed to be the next Bond villain you'll be fine.

(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending