The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

So I guess my score of 19/42 would explain my rejections from UCL and Oxford. Just glad I didn't apply for more LNAT unis!
Original post by *Stefan*
Yeah, definitely!

I absolutely love it :biggrin:

Glad you didn't go to LSE. Maybe you get more of the student experience. How to the top law firms rate Bristol?
Original post by Cholesta
Glad you didn't go to LSE. Maybe you get more of the student experience. How to the top law firms rate Bristol?

Ultimately maybe so, though I don't think London would have been bad for the student experience either...

Well, the vast majority of big law firms visited the law fair, we're receiving emails constantly about schemes and whatnot, and we have events created by firms very often (there was an event every day from October to December). We've also had quite a few partners/recruitment teams visit personally to talk to us about their firms (mostly Bristol alumni), and all events of the law school are sponsored by some firm/s.

The students with the highest results will also receive quite a lot of money from firms directly, along with various legal scheme positions as a reward. There is a very strong presence of Bristol alumni in the city firms as well, so I guess that's an added bonus.
Ultimately maybe so, though I don't think London would have been bad for the student experience either...

Well, the vast majority of big law firms visited the law fair, we're receiving emails constantly about schemes and whatnot, and we have events created by firms very often (there was an event every day from October to December). We've also had quite a few partners/recruitment teams visit personally to talk to us about their firms (mostly Bristol alumni), and all events of the law school are sponsored by some firm/s.

The students with the highest results will also receive quite a lot of money from firms directly, along with various legal scheme positions as a reward. There is a very strong presence of Bristol alumni in the city firms as well, so I guess that's an added bonus.

It all sounds very positive and I'm glad it's worked out well for you. Would many students apply to Oxbridge for a masters?
It all sounds very positive and I'm glad it's worked out well for you. Would many students apply to Oxbridge for a masters?

:smile:

I have no idea unfortunately. I would imagine most people would apply for jobs directly. I do hear American unis more often than Oxbridge for masters though...
Got 25/42 on my LNAT, boringly average but the rest of my application/grades are strong and I felt like my essay went OK.

Anyway I have an offer from my first choice (Durham) so my results are a bit irrelevant now
:smile:

I have no idea unfortunately. I would imagine most people would apply for jobs directly. I do hear American unis more often than Oxbridge for masters though...

Harvard perhaps.........or maybe that's out of the question.
Harvard perhaps.........or maybe that's out of the question.

Harvard, Yale, Columbia and whatnot I've heard actually. It may be because some of our professors have studied there and so students feel more inclined...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Harvard, Yale, Columbia and whatnot I've heard actually. It may be because some of our professors have studied there and so students feel more inclined...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow, is all I can say!!
Wow, is all I can say!!

I don't think it's that uncommon per se - it doesn't mean that everyone will be accepted. Same with Oxbridge I'd assume...
I don't think it's that uncommon per se - it doesnw't mean that everyone will be accepted. Same with Oxbridge I'd assume...

True
31 in LNAT and predicted A*A*A*, what are my chances of durham, king's and LSE offers? ( i know LSE don't use the LNAT)
I got my result today (28 Jan), and i'm from Canada. I got a 21 but the average this year is 23.3....so hopefully it doesn't affect me negatively. I applied to KCL, University of Birmingham, QMUL, University of Nottingham and University of York
Original post by beezytan
Hello! Just a quick question. Will international students receive our LNAT results at the same time as local students? Or are the results sent in batches instead?

I'm an international student (from canada) and i got mine today, Jan 28
Hi, got my LNAT results today: 23 sadly.......do you think I may still have chances of getting offers from York, Bristol and SOAS
with typical AAA? I applied really late to all also. Thanks.
Original post by remigo123
I got rejected by LSE as well. Honestly do they even take any students on to their law programme?! I'm a Canadian applicant and my average at the time of applying was 97.25%--pretty well the highest in my school. But anyways..hoping for a UCL offer!

What was your lnat score? Btw are u from ontario?
What was ur lnat score? i'm trying to figure out if i'm competitive for kcl
Original post by Tireni Atoyebi
Don't be too upset. I got rejected from UCL but got an offer from KCL so it isn't necessarily bad news you could still get in!! Hope for the best. Good luck
Original post by SimranJohal313
How long did you spend revising for your LNAT?

I didn't...i wish i prepared a bit more tho but it happens...i ended up getting 21
I got 31/42 but was still rejected by Bristol. My other Lnat University was Nottingham from which I received an offer.
Original post by Grigorios
I got 31/42 but was still rejected by Bristol. My other Lnat University was Nottingham from which I received an offer.

did Bristol give you a reason why they rejected you?

Latest