The Student Room Group

Memorising tips!

I've got a Spanish writing controlled assessment and need to memorise a lot faster if I want to get an A*
Original post by Saad1679
I've got a Spanish writing controlled assessment and need to memorise a lot faster if I want to get an A*

Practice, practice and practice. Try writing a list of words, covering and then trying to write them out. Do this with conjugations for example. Grab someone from your class and have mock conversations.
What really helped me was recording myself saying my writing controlled assessment piece and then playing it and trying to write it down at the same time - do this over and over again. Also, pick a list of cue words - first you can keep it quite long but, as you get more and more comfortable with reciting and rewriting your piece, make it shorter and shorter.
Good Luck! :smile:
Reply 3
I've been told countless times that the trick is not to just try and memorise what you've written word for word.

Continual practising of all the key phrasing, spellings, grammar, and vocabulary is much better, and then plan out what you want to say - then rather than trying to copy from memory, you're actually producing a good piece of work based on the rough guidelines you've produced.

Otherwise, it's easy to make mistakes if you're just copying from memory, and simple mistakes sourced from this can completely detract from the meaning of what you've written.

Hope that made any sense :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest