The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE UG Admissions Assessment (UGAA)

Hi there, is there anyone who has taken LSE Entrance Exam before? Mind sharing your experience and how do you prepare for this entrance exam. There's a few examples of past exam questions on LSE's website. but they do not provide the answers of the questions. May I know where can I find the answers for it? Thanks.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zoestariey
Hi there, is there anyone who has taken LSE Entrance Exam before? Mind sharing your experience and how do you prepare for this entrance exam. There's a few examples of past exam questions on LSE's website. but they do not provide the answers of the questions. May I know where can I find the answers for it? Thanks.

Hey, just giving this a little bump in the hopes someone will see it and reply!

Have you found Connect yet? It's super useful for finding other people who've applied for your course/University :smile: :smile:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Hi,
I took the exam in march, and eventually got an offer. The only preparation i did was for the maths section: i had to learn integral calculus (which i hadn't studied at school yet) and revise what i had forgotten. I also solved past exams available on lse website, but i'm afraid i don't have the solutions anymore. If you have more questions, feel free to ask!
Reply 3
Hi, Thank you so much for your reply! I went through the past exam questions online. Some of the maths questions are really hard. May I know what else do you refer to other than the past exam questions? :smile: And how did you get the solutions for the past exam questions?

Original post by Gral95
Hi,
I took the exam in march, and eventually got an offer. The only preparation i did was for the maths section: i had to learn integral calculus (which i hadn't studied at school yet) and revise what i had forgotten. I also solved past exams available on lse website, but i'm afraid i don't have the solutions anymore. If you have more questions, feel free to ask!
Reply 4
Actually I never found any solutions, it's just I was quite sure of my own results! For more practice I used the textbook I had at school, looking for questions similar to those in the exam.
Reply 5
I see. Are you studying in bsc in Economics in LSE now? If you don't mind, can I ask you how to solve it if I have questions that I am unable to solve?
Original post by Gral95
Actually I never found any solutions, it's just I was quite sure of my own results! For more practice I used the textbook I had at school, looking for questions similar to those in the exam.
Reply 6
My course, bsc management, starts in october. No, I don't mind. I'm not sure I still remember how to solve every question though! In particular those about interest rates.
Reply 7
I see. Congratulation! :smile: Thank you so much, will ask you again about questions. Btw, did you take foundation programme or A levels before this?
Original post by Gral95
My course, bsc management, starts in october. No, I don't mind. I'm not sure I still remember how to solve every question though! In particular those about interest rates.
Reply 8
No, just the italian esame di stato. (If you take a levels you don't have to take ugaa)
Reply 9
ugh, I applied for bsc management and they wanted me to do ugaa, even tough i am studying in their foundation programme. i am quite scared of failing ugaa. I'd be happy if you can give any advice to me. and are you happy to be a student at lse? their student satisfaction is really low, many of my friends hated when they actually started the course..
I have been asked to sit the UGAA test too! I am Italian and I've applied for Law. :smile:
Reply 11
We are on of the lucky(?) 100 people. did you applied directly with you itailian qualification? I have to do section a-b1-d what about you?
Yes, I am currently attending the last year of high school, so I applied with my predicted Italian grades :smile: I have to do sections a, b2 and c.
I suppose being called to sit the UGAA is a good sing?!
I was a bit puzzled at first, but then I read on their website that we are among those applicants who are considered to be excellent by the Selectors.. I don't really know what to think!
By the way, where are you from?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 13
I'm sitting the test too, I'm applying to do sociology, never studied economics or politics so I'm expecting to fail... does anyone know if there's a word limit or expected word count on the essay?
Original post by Gattara
I'm sitting the test too, I'm applying to do sociology, never studied economics or politics so I'm expecting to fail... does anyone know if there's a word limit or expected word count on the essay?

I don't suppose there's a limit:smile: I'm quite worried for the Maths part...
Reply 15
Maths part is quite hard, and yes you do have a word limit in section A, summary must be less than 150words:smile:
Reply 16
Original post by elcherie
Yes, I am currently attending the last year of high school, so I applied with my predicted Italian grades :smile: I have to do sections a, b2 and c.
I suppose being called to sit the UGAA is a good sing?!
I was a bit puzzled at first, but then I read on their website that we are among those applicants who are considered to be excellent by the Selectors.. I don't really know what to think!
By the way, where are you from?

Well my personal tutor in my school said it is like to called for an interview for oxbridge, I am turkish but I am doing LSE's foundation programme in England. I don't know what section c is, but is that maths? because for me its D and D-parts maths is quite hard
Original post by eozcan
Maths part is quite hard, and yes you do have a word limit in section A, summary must be less than 150words:smile:

Sorry I was thinking about section B :smile:
Yes section C is about Maths :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by elcherie
Yes section C is about Maths :smile:

I'd prefer to have section C, it only impacts 25%, section D impacts half of the test which I think its kinda scary:/

Quick Reply