The Student Room Group

Drama and theatre studies applicants 2016 entry!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PAStudent1996

:biggrin: it's sure now, at 9 am on 27th, see you there then!
Original post by queenofpeace
:biggrin: it's sure now, at 9 am on 27th, see you there then!

What's your name? So I can lookout for you haha :smile:
It's Nina, nice to meet you :smile: oh we'll have name tags or something?
Original post by queenofpeace
It's Nina, nice to meet you :smile: oh we'll have name tags or something?

Oh really? That's good. I'm Alex anyway :smile: see you there!
Reply 384
Original post by Essassani
Hi folks,
Any LAMDA auditionees?
I dont think theyve specified, but before i call them up im just wondering if anyone knows anything abot accents in the monologues? Should it be RP? I think one of mine is supposed to be transatlantic and id like to go for it.

You should always use your own accent and only your own accent. That's what all schools ask for, not just LAMDA.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by BruB
You should always use your own accent and only your own accent. That's what all schools ask for, not just LAMDA.

I ended up contacting them and they told me I can do the given accent if I feel confident enough. So I guess that's something to be said for the auditionees' rumour mill.

Does anybody know if LAMDA expect you to stand on the spot?
(edited 8 years ago)
Italia Conti - 14th April, anyone? :smile:
Hi, I'm I'm planning on auditioning for Central, RADA, LAMDA, Guildhall, Birmigham, Drama Centre, ALRA and East 15. I'm international from south america and wonder if anyone has auditions experiences or personal thoughts on these schools and can share some information besides Madalene's blog which wes great btw. (I'm planning on auditionin for 2016-2017)
Hello everyone! I've already had 5 first rounds and lucky recalls from those schools for 2016 entry and I've just started blogging my experience at https://aspiringactresssite.wordpress.com

Please drop me a comment and share your experiences/questions too, would be nice to hear from other people auditioning :smile:
Reply 389
Original post by davinamcalister
Hi, I'm I'm planning on auditioning for Central, RADA, LAMDA, Guildhall, Birmigham, Drama Centre, ALRA and East 15. I'm international from south america and wonder if anyone has auditions experiences or personal thoughts on these schools and can share some information besides Madalene's blog which wes great btw. (I'm planning on auditionin for 2016-2017)

Hey, where in South America are you from? I'm from Brazil, auditioning for all of those except for ALRA. I've already had my East15 one because they came to my city last month, and it was really great. The guy was incredibly nice, he asked me a few questions about my last year, what I've been doing and if I've been to the UK before. Oh, and they apparently like to direct people's monologues after they first present them, so be prepared for that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BruB
Hey, where in South America are you from? I'm from Brazil, auditioning for all of those except for ALRA. I've already had my East15 one because they came to my city last month, and it was really great. The guy was incredibly nice, he asked me a few questions about my last year, what I've been doing and if I've been to the UK before. Oh, and they apparently like to direct people's monologues after they first present them, so be prepared for that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm from Brazil too, from Rio de Janeiro! And that's great, I love it when we get direction so they can see how we react to them, it's really useful and it helps our development a lot. I really love the fact that E15 holds auditions in here and some schools even accept video submissions so you don't have to travel unless you get a callback. Would love to stay in contact with you. :smile:
Original post by Dramastudent'15
Hello everyone! I've already had 5 first rounds and lucky recalls from those schools for 2016 entry and I've just started blogging my experience at https://aspiringactresssite.wordpress.com

Please drop me a comment and share your experiences/questions too, would be nice to hear from other people auditioning :smile:

Hey, love, that's awesome news! I'm already following your blog and looking foward to read more about your experience. Best of luck!
Reply 392
I'm from Brazil too, from Rio de Janeiro! And that's great, I love it when we get direction so they can see how we react to them, it's really useful and it helps our development a lot. I really love the fact that E15 holds auditions in here and some schools even accept video submissions so you don't have to travel unless you get a callback. Would love to stay in contact with you. :smile:

Just sent you a message 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, love, that's awesome news! I'm already following your blog and looking foward to read more about your experience. Best of luck!

Oh that's lovely, thank you! You too!
Still waiting for Guildhall to send me an audition date...It's been more than 15 days today since I got their confirmation e-mail which mentions that it might take up to 2 months to get the audition date.

I know this may sound rude but has anyone complained to the school for taking so long ? I'm not in the UK and I have to plan my auditions accordingly so I don't have to travel 20 times to London. Flight tickets are freaking expensive...cry for help here..
Reply 395
Original post by ThanosTsar
Still waiting for Guildhall to send me an audition date...It's been more than 15 days today since I got their confirmation e-mail which mentions that it might take up to 2 months to get the audition date.

I know this may sound rude but has anyone complained to the school for taking so long ? I'm not in the UK and I have to plan my auditions accordingly so I don't have to travel 20 times to London. Flight tickets are freaking expensive...cry for help here..

Have you tried contacting the school and explaining that to them? Sometimes schools can be quite understanding and helpful in those circumstances.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BruB
Have you tried contacting the school and explaining that to them? Sometimes schools can be quite understanding and helpful in those circumstances.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did e-mail them but it was more of a "please can you please hurry up" because I live abroad and blah blah and all I got was:

" Thank you for your e-mail. With regard to your query: all auditions in February are fully booked; we are now scheduling March onwards. We will send you an invitation to audition e-mail as soon as possible. Due to the volume of applications we receive, this may take up to eight weeks, as noted in the confirmation e-mail sent to you; do not be concerned, we will be in contact as soon as feasible. Please bear with us at this busy time."

I am understanding and I did bear with them but honestly the tickets are close to 250 Euro with hand luggage...and I will have to ask my employer for few days leave...And the thing is Royal Central and Drama Centre have given me dates to choose from (April onwards- which dates are getting sold out every day by other auditionees) but I can't book an audition date for them because I'm still waiting for Guildhall in order to schedule those three auditions in one trip...Do I sound crazy ? LOL
Reply 397
I did e-mail them but it was more of a "please can you please hurry up" because I live abroad and blah blah and all I got was:

" Thank you for your e-mail. With regard to your query: all auditions in February are fully booked; we are now scheduling March onwards. We will send you an invitation to audition e-mail as soon as possible. Due to the volume of applications we receive, this may take up to eight weeks, as noted in the confirmation e-mail sent to you; do not be concerned, we will be in contact as soon as feasible. Please bear with us at this busy time."

I am understanding and I did bear with them but honestly the tickets are close to 250 Euro with hand luggage...and I will have to ask my employer for few days leave...And the thing is Royal Central and Drama Centre have given me dates to choose from (April onwards- which dates are getting sold out every day by other auditionees) but I can't book an audition date for them because I'm still waiting for Guildhall in order to schedule those three auditions in one trip...Do I sound crazy ? LOL

No, of course you don't sound crazy, that's a perfectly reasonable concern. I don't know what else you could do, though, short of actually calling them. Sometimes people feel more inclined to help when they're talking to you in real time, but you also run the risk of sounding pushy. Maybe someone else will have more ideas, you can't be the first person going through this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BruB
No, of course you don't sound crazy, that's a perfectly reasonable concern. I don't know what else you could do, though, short of actually calling them. Sometimes people feel more inclined to help when they're talking to you in real time, but you also run the risk of sounding pushy. Maybe someone else will have more ideas, you can't be the first person going through this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what I'm concerned about....I don't want to sound pushy but also I really need to know a date ASAP because Drama Centre and Royal Central auditions slots are getting booked everyday by other people. I might call them tomorrow morning and ask politely...All I'm hoping is for other people, who are still waiting to get an audition date, to call them so it shows that there is a growing concern...

Anyway thank you for your understanding and support, I really appreciate it :smile:
Reply 399
That's what I'm concerned about....I don't want to sound pushy but also I really need to know a date ASAP because Drama Centre and Royal Central auditions slots are getting booked everyday by other people. I might call them tomorrow morning and ask politely...All I'm hoping is for other people, who are still waiting to get an audition date, to call them so it shows that there is a growing concern...

Anyway thank you for your understanding and support, I really appreciate it :smile:

No problem!
And good luck tomorrow. If anything, I think it'll show them how serious you are about this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending