The Student Room Group

Gcse revision!

I intend to start my GCSE revision next week, but I'm not sure how many hours a day after school I should do?
I was contemplating 4 hours after school. From 4-6 revision, then 6-8 break, then 8-10 revision. BUT MY PROBLEM IS HOMEWORK, I HAVE NO TIME FOR HOMEWORK.
4 hours a day is too much, you could do even 30 minutes a day starting from now and be more than fine
four hours a day??
try to start with like an hour a day on school days bc trust me you won't get through four hours with hw + you need to relax lmao
at weekends/holidays that sounds okay though
remember to not work too hard !! you'll crash
Reply 3
Original post by ithinkitslily
four hours a day??
try to start with like an hour a day on school days bc trust me you won't get through four hours with hw + you need to relax lmao
at weekends/holidays that sounds okay though
remember to not work too hard !! you'll crash

That's what I thought at first, but my top set math teacher recommended 4 hours a day, and now everyone in top set Is doing it.
Reply 4
Original post by ahmed3140
That's what I thought at first, but my top set math teacher recommended 4 hours a day, and now everyone in top set Is doing it.

You might burn out. My science teacher said that these GCSE exams must be approached like a Mo Farah race you start slowly then you build up as the exams get closer.
Reply 5
It depends on how much work you need to do, but don't over do it. 4 hours a night seems far too much with homework included, maybe try and briefly go over things on school days. On weekends however, you may wish to try and do one full day of studying and one half day? It depends on the person. Surely your maths teacher wasn't recommending 4 hours of maths? That seems extreme for even a week depending on work load in other subjects coupled with homework

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Mayhem™
4 hours a day is too much, you could do even 30 minutes a day starting from now and be more than fine

What do you suggest for AS? I'm royally screwed.
Reply 7
Original post by Nettled

Just pray to every god possible

Posted from TSR Mobile

your top set science teacher is being silly :lol:

Original post by Nettled

A-levels are a different matter because you are doing less subjects, so you have more time to revise. After school, 1-2 hours a day is a suitable amount, and on a day where you don't have school 2-4 hours is good :smile:. When it gets close to exams, double those amounts for double the effect :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by alana_p
Just pray to every god possible

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm guessing your in the same situation as me?
Original post by Nettled
I'm guessing your in the same situation as me?

Na, im currently doing Scottish highers which is the same sort of thing as a levels i think? But the workload is suffocating

Posted from TSR Mobile

most of my teachers say 2 !!
im in top set everything and atm im doing like less than an hour everyday! although ofc it depends on the person
Original post by Mayhem™

A-levels are a different matter because you are doing less subjects, so you have more time to revise. After school, 1-2 hours a day is a suitable amount, and on a day where you don't have school 2-4 hours is good :smile:. When it gets close to exams, double those amounts for double the effect :biggrin:

Ahh second option doesn't work for me as I finish at 4PM every day (Mon-Fri) and then it's an hour to get home. I'm also expected to come in at normal registration time despite not having lessons in the mornings. I felt better in GCSE as not all subjects required equal amounts of revision..

Thank you for that :smile: I might start work in about 10 mins.
Original post by Nettled
Ahh second option doesn't work for me as I finish at 4PM every day (Mon-Fri) and then it's an hour to get home. I'm also expected to come in at normal registration time despite not having lessons in the mornings. I felt better in GCSE as not all subjects required equal amounts of revision..

Thank you for that :smile: I might start work in about 10 mins.

I see :biggrin:, remember don't procrastinate :lol:
Original post by Mayhem™
I see :biggrin:, remember don't procrastinate :lol:

I had so much free time during my GCSE's.. Miss it terribly. Yep it's now 6 more mins till I start work :wink:
Original post by alana_p
Na, im currently doing Scottish highers which is the same sort of thing as a levels i think? But the workload is suffocating

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not too sure either. But A-levels everywhere are suffocating just as well :lol: You're not alone.
Original post by Nettled
I'm not too sure either. But A-levels everywhere are suffocating just as well :lol: You're not alone.

Yeah, when i was doing gcses (/national 5s which is the scottish equivalent) i felt like i was so stressed and had so much work, now I definitely realise i was wrong and realise how much free time i had then, aha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alana_p
Yeah, when i was doing gcses (/national 5s which is the scottish equivalent) i felt like i was so stressed and had so much work, now I definitely realise i was wrong and realise how much free time i had then, aha

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was really chilled during my GCSE's.. Although summer holidays were a different story I spent the entire time worrying. Honestly I thought I didn't meet my grades for sixth form.

Quick Reply

Latest