The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Cambridge 2016 Postgraduate Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by iCreptio
My application for the MPhil in Economics has been put on hold - anyone know what my chances are following this decision? - apparently I should hear back by March/April - however I have another offer which I need to accept (or reject) relatively soon. Is it frowned upon to accept various offers and then reneg them later on?

I am applying for MPhil Economics too and it's still under consideration by degree committee. Would you mind sharing your profile and the date you applied?
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Hi guys, I am an International applicant and status of my application for MPhil in Public Policy changed like following:

Yesterday "Awaiting Consideration by Department"
Earlier Today "With Degree Committee"
and
Just Now To "Awaiting decision by the Board of Graduate Studies"

What to expect next?

P.S While my application to another program still reads "Awaiting Consideration by the Department".
I know that they expect a high 2.1 (67%) but do the offers specify this or is it just a 2.1 or 1st or whatever?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1203
My application for the MPhil in Economics has been put on hold - anyone know what my chances are following this decision? - apparently I should hear back by March/April - however I have another offer which I need to accept (or reject) relatively soon. Is it frowned upon to accept various offers and then reneg them later on?

Been on hold since Dec. i have a similar situation with another offer, let me know what you decide to do because I am also unsure.
Original post by arajwana
Hi guys, I am an International applicant and status of my application for MPhil in Public Policy changed like following:

and

What to expect next?

P.S While my application to another program still reads "Awaiting Consideration by the Department".

When did you do your initial application
Original post by BSDladla
When did you do your initial application

1st December
Other guys that applied for my course for the same deadline have already been invited for the interview. I haven't heard from them. Does it mean that my application gonna be rejected??? Be serious.
Original post by edwinkwok
I am applying for MPhil Economics too and it's still under consideration by degree committee. Would you mind sharing your profile and the date you applied?

I applied around the beginning of December and my second reference was submitted on the 14th or so of December.

My first year average is 82% and second year average is 86% with a strong focus on Econometrics and Mathematical Economics.

Also have some relevant ECs, including committee member of econ & finance society and a summer internship in an Investment Bank in London.

+ fluent in 4 languages

Thought I had a good chance of getting the offer - not sure what my possibilities are now, after being put on hold.
Reply 1208
Original post by camaieu
Yes! :-) Since June.

I've got an invitation to an "admissions/AHRC interview" next week! Any idea what this might entail? Is it basically an assessment for AHRC funding? Or purely admissions based? So excited but also quite terrified!

Wow I never reached that stage. Was it for a project or a 'blank' application? Normally the AHRC don't interview.

I just think it means you have been shortlisted for funding.

Contact and tell them you have received an offer from another uni and you must give an answer before that date, so if they could give their decision before that would be great.
BoGS!!! :woo:
Original post by Indeterminate

???
???

Board of Graduate Studies :biggrin:

YAY!!!
Original post by indeterminate
bogs!!! :woo:

congrats! :d

I told you it would happen! I got rejected from my first choice college today, heh - on to number 2! Join the postgrad offerholders group if you like!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/postgraduates2016
Original post by omgwhat
I told you it would happen! I got rejected from my first choice college today, heh - on to number 2! Join the postgrad offerholders group if you like!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/postgraduates2016

Yup, you did :h: The colleges are all good so you needn't worry about that aspect :console:

I moved on from fb a long time ago :lol:
Moved to "under consideration by degree committee" for MPhil Early Modern History today after being "awaiting consideration by department" yesterday so that was fast. I hope they get it over with quickly - I'm not hopeful for an offer but want to know! :smile:
Reply 1217

The majority of applicants are put on hold.
It's fine to accept other offers and turn them down later, common at postgrad as people await funding decisions etc. but if you do turn the other down eventually, let them know as soon as you can in case they have someone else on waitlist.

and

What to expect next?

Offer on the way!

Original post by egypt94
I know that they expect a high 2.1 (67%) but do the offers specify this or is it just a 2.1 or 1st or whatever?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If a 2:1 is acceptable they will usually specify the percentages. For most others they will just specify a first, but there is the occasional program where they are not satisfied with "just" a first and might specify a percentage.

Congrats!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by nrotelli
Just been invited for a 30 minutes interview for MAUS (Master in Architecture and Urbanism Studies) on monday with the co-director of the course, by skype. I am nervous and excited, and will spend the weekend reading my research proposal and everything I submitted to them.

Does the choice of the interviewer means something related to my application? Like, he will be my tutor if I am accepted or something like this? It is just because he is one of the professors that I would love to have as a tutor since he is focused in latin america architecture and urbanism, and I am from Brazil. He is also one of the directors of the college I applied.

This a good sign, right?

Hey nrotelli, I had my interview 3 weeks ago for the same programme but my status hasn't changed since - I've been still 'under consideration by department'. I applied by the December deadline and received an invitation for an interview around 3 weeks after my last recommendation was uploaded. My interview went well, even though the professor did most of the talking. :smile: How did yours go?
(edited 8 years ago)
Awaiting decision by the Board of Graduate Studies.

I applied on 1st of December. Application was with Degree committee yesterday and today awaiting decision by BoGS.

My current IELTS score is Listening - 6, Reading - 9, Writing - 6.5 and Speaking - 6, Overall - 7. Is there any chance to receive offer without the condition on language? Requirement is 7 in each component

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending