The Student Room Group

Ask a Christian anything

Title

Scroll to see replies

How do you circumcise a Catholic priest?

Kick a choir boy in the jaw.
Original post by CottonEyedJoe
Title

Exactly how low is your IQ?
Do you believe that followers of false religions and all other non-Christians are destined to burn in hell?
Original post by heineken
Exactly how low is your IQ?

I've had varying results form online tests. None of them were low though, sorry.

Original post by JurgenTheGerman
How do you circumcise a Catholic priest?

Kick a choir boy in the jaw.

Dohohoho
Original post by Ser Alex Toyne
Do you believe that followers of false religions and all other non-Christians are destined to burn in hell?

No.
No.

Intriguing. On a finer point in my previous statement - do you believe that Christianity is the only true religion and that our Christian God is the only deity in the universe?
Intriguing. On a finer point in my previous statement - do you believe that Christianity is the only true religion and that our Christian God is the only deity in the universe?

Why is that intriguing? The largest sects (Catholic, Orthodox and Anglican) generally do not teach that faith is a guarantee of salvation or that nonbelief is a guarantee of damnation.

And yes.

Off topic, but this made me think of that Andy Parsons' joke about getting to heaven and your chosen diety lifting up a card that says, "Bluff." :laugh:

Since it's an AMA ... how strictly would you say you adhere to the religion? Also - do you take the Bible to be literal or believe it's more open to interepretation? :biggrin:
Original post by acupofgreentea
Off topic, but this made me think of that Andy Parsons' joke about getting to heaven and your chosen diety lifting up a card that says, "Bluff." :laugh:

Since it's an AMA ... how strictly would you say you adhere to the religion? Also - do you take the Bible to be literal or believe it's more open to interepretation? :biggrin:

I am a practicing Anglo Catholic, but I am not an exemplary one. My standards for 'devout' are pretty high.

'Literal' or 'open to interpretation' is a false dichotomy. I do not believe it is literal, but that doesn't mean I can go around interpreting it however I like either.
I've had varying results form online tests. None of them were low though, sorry.

Dohohoho

How long have you repressed your sexualitt?
I am a practicing Anglo Catholic, but I am not an exemplary one. My standards for 'devout' are pretty high.

'Literal' or 'open to interpretation' is a false dichotomy. I do not believe it is literal, but that doesn't mean I can go around interpreting it however I like either.

Surely, if you don't take it to be literal, you are interpreting it to a certain extent? If you don't take the Bible at its word, you are using your own prerogative beyond that - surely, that would mean you feel it's 'open to interpretation'? Otherwise, you would take it as fact.
How long have you repressed your sexualitt?

Do you mean when did I last have sex?
Not that long ago. I fell away from the church in my teens and was pretty liberal throughout college and uni.

Your understanding of sex and religion is childish btw
Do you mean when did I last have sex?
Not that long ago. I fell away from the church in my teens and was pretty liberal throughout college and uni.

Your understanding of sex and religion is childish btw

Well childish sex is more your ballpark yo.
Original post by acupofgreentea
Surely, if you don't take it to be literal, you are interpreting it to a certain extent? If you don't take the Bible at its word, you are using your own prerogative beyond that - surely, that would mean you feel it's 'open to interpretation'? Otherwise, you would take it as fact.

There is a near 2000 year old tradition of interpretation that has been passed down by the Church, and they never considered it to be the literal word of God. Biblical literalism and interpreting the Bible for yourself did not exist until circa 500 years ago and funnily enough the two are linked to the same tradition (protestantism)
I'm not Roman Catholic or a priest. Nice try though.

Just fuxing with you brah, you CoE?
Just fuxing with you brah, you CoE?

Yes. High church though.
Where did you come from? Where did you go?
Original post by Zargabaath
Where did you come from? Where did you go?

Where did you come from, Cotton Eyed Joe? :awesome:
Tell me about what you believe about the second coming of Christ. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest