The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

2016-17 Sussex Offers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tank Girl
Hiya!

What everyone has said about East Slope is true- It's pretty rough and ready! But some people love that it's cheap, it's probably the most sociable accommodation on campus (ie: where all the house parties happen!).

Brighthelm is great- they're like little houses and not too expensive :smile:

You can stay on in year 2 and 3 (I think) but you have to work as a warden (can't remember if that's what they're called) for the university- I believe you get some of your accommodation costs covered. (But don't quote me on this! As I'm not 100% sure).

But finding a house share in Brighton is really easy- and it's more fun living in the city in 2nd/3rd year IMO.

Are you thinking of the Residential Advisor? I presume that's what you meant
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Original post by 408655
Are you thinking of the Residential Advisor? I presume that's what you meant

That's the one!

I couldn't remember the proper name for them- thanks :smile:
Reply 122
Has anyone been offered a place for Criminology yet?
Is anyone studying law with American studies? I applied with bbc predictions, should of been abc but my teacher annoyingly changed it last minute but they still guaranteed me a place if I get bbb
Original post by Studybuddy6
Hiya just got an offer for Zoology at Sussex! Just wondering if anyone can tell me if the cheaper accommodation is okay and if you can apply to stay there for year two and three?? Also what's the teaching like! I'm deciding between here or Nottingham so not quite sure which is a better course

I've visited Sussex a couple of times to see friends. East Slopd is like the favelas 😂, it smells like weed all the time and there are roadmen everywhere. On the upside it's really social there, and the best parties are there since the security seem to not care about that area. But it's really easy to live elsewhere and just go there for parties, so you wouldn't be missing out.
I applied for Computer Science Bsc early Jan, I actually called them today, and the guy I spoke to said I'll probably get a response either tomorrow, or mid next week. I guess they kinda tackle it in waves, so you guys should look out for emails from Sussex tomorrow.
Original post by raman_17
That's funny cos I got my offer like a week after sending off my UCAS application. I am studying Mechanical engineering. :smile: (all 5 offers have been returned within a month, are conditional and are from: Queen Mary, Brunel, City Univerity, Sussex and Surrey.)

Yeah I found out that my subject is one that they have to interview each applicant for, (Journalism!)I've had info from them to say they're going to be in touch to organise a date for the interview soon :smile: So I'm calm now!

I've had my Brighton unconditionals since like November or something now
Original post by cbaker22
Yeah I found out that my subject is one that they have to interview each applicant for, (Journalism!)I've had info from them to say they're going to be in touch to organise a date for the interview soon :smile: So I'm calm now!

I've had my Brighton unconditionals since like November or something now

NICE!! so you ready for the interview or still practicing (as my friend is also applying for journalism and she has sooooo much mock interviews and practise to do before the interview) ............ what were your other uni choices? :smile:
Original post by raman_17
NICE!! so you ready for the interview or still practicing (as my friend is also applying for journalism and she has sooooo much mock interviews and practise to do before the interview) ............ what were your other uni choices? :smile:

Yeah I think I'll be fine, not really practicing anything just going to be myself and talk about why I want to be there, I have a lot of experience to talk about because I'm 23 and have a genuine love and knowledge of the subject already so I don't think there is anything else I need to "practise"!

I had a conversation with admissions at Brighton and she sent me unconditionals immediately, when I spoke to Sussex at the open day they were really keen too so hopefully should all go well just want to get the date and get it done to be honest :smile:

I only applied to Sussex and Brighton
Original post by cbaker22
Yeah I think I'll be fine, not really practicing anything just going to be myself and talk about why I want to be there, I have a lot of experience to talk about because I'm 23 and have a genuine love and knowledge of the subject already so I don't think there is anything else I need to "practise"!

I had a conversation with admissions at Brighton and she sent me unconditionals immediately, when I spoke to Sussex at the open day they were really keen too so hopefully should all go well just want to get the date and get it done to be honest :smile:

I only applied to Sussex and Brighton

OK that's nice...... good luck :wink:
Anyone who does Btec get an offer got mechanical engineering
Reply 131
Practically ALL my friends are getting their offers from their UK universities except for me.
This is ssooo frustrating
Hey!
I've applied for Law and Criminology and I haven't heard anything! Feels like I've been waiting for ages. On average, how long did it take for everyone else offers to be sent out? I didn't even receive a welcome email! 😩
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by pannyfrost
Really annoyed that Sussex still haven't made a decision for me yet and I sent in my application early November. I'm going to be so gutted if they haven't offered me by February and they've already opened accommodation applications!

Hey, just thought I'd let you (and anyone else worrying about this) know that I had my offer letter last week and it actually says they'll be opening accommodation applications this year in March so you've got another month yet :wink: sit tight and good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KieranWinterburn
Hey, just thought I'd let you (and anyone else worrying about this) know that I had my offer letter last week and it actually says they'll be opening accommodation applications this year in March so you've got another month yet :wink: sit tight and good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh they must be delayed this year then - well hopefully that's the case anyway! Thank you so much for clarifying this though, it does put my anxiousness to ease haha
Original post by buddhaman
Anyone who does Btec get an offer got mechanical engineering

I was accepted a couple of weeks ago. I'm predicted D*D*D, but I also do A level Maths, and they want a B and a DDD in BTEC Engineering
Reply 136
Original post by Zionxi
I emailed them and asked for a timescale for offers being sent out for the course.

Do you know if that is for all psychology causes or just the foundation one. I applied for psychology BSC and still havent heard so am getting very nervous
Don't know about the 3 year course unfortunately. I was just told due to the foundation year being brand new they hadn't started looking at that one.
Can't hurt to ask for a timeline for that though? Especially with accommodation opening up soon and also finance to organise. They appreciate that people have a mountain of things to sort out and should at least let you know if they have begun the selection process.
Original post by Kezkel
Do you know if that is for all psychology causes or just the foundation one. I applied for psychology BSC and still havent heard so am getting very nervous

Try not to worry, I applied for psychology at the end of November and heard back for them around last week after emailing the admissions team to find out the status of my application. Give that a try and see if it helps :smile: best of luck with everything
I applied early Jan and got an offer for Computer Science literally an hour ago! Probably gonna firm it, but does anybody know how possible it'll be to switch to the computer science with artificial intelligence course?

Quick Reply

Latest