University of St Andrews

St Andrews Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone had any offers for History?
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 541
Original post by sjohnson98
I don't have those! I guess we're in the same boat then! Nice to know I'm not alone... St Andrews did email me asking for extra documents and I got an email today about funding.

They asked me about funding too😩

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ibac
They asked me about funding too😩

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nothing much for international students. Still, it costs less than closer schools, at least for me.
Original post by Alex210
Hi guys, I need help please :/ I'm Italian and I'm having some problems with filling out my financial profile (I just got an email from St Andrews about scholarships and fundings). One of the conditions to be considered as an independent student is: "You have supported yourself from earnings or benefits outside full-time education for any three years before the first day of the first academic year of your course". Does this mean that I must have worked every year for the three years before the first day of university or that I'm to be considered independent if (for example) I worked just for one year two years ago?
I'm 98% sure it's the second but I'm asking just to be positive...

I'm pretty sure from what you say that they mean someone who has supported themselves entirely for three full years at some point. It looks as if they mean mature stduents who have been financially dependent, not supported by their parents. http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/study/access/lifelong-flexible/mature/
Reply 544
Unconditional for chemistry. :biggrin: Scottish student.
Original post by Tiptop*
Unconditional for chemistry. :biggrin: Scottish student.

Congratulations!!! That's fantastic!
Got an unconditional for Computer Science! :smile: (English student)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Pemble

Congratulations! :wink:

Silence for me so far :/ At least I know they started looking into CS applications...
Original post by agirdzius

Silence for me so far :/ At least I know they started looking into CS applications...

Same here... I guess we can expect to hear from them soon!
Reply 549
Original post by oldlady
I'm pretty sure from what you say that they mean someone who has supported themselves entirely for three full years at some point. It looks as if they mean mature stduents who have been financially dependent, not supported by their parents. http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/study/access/lifelong-flexible/mature/

Thanks a lot!!
Original post by agirdzius

Original post by Lagomorph
Same here... I guess we can expect to hear from them soon!

Cheers, best of luck to the both of you.
Reply 551
Has anyone had an offer for maths (english student)?
Has anyone had an offer for IR (English student)?
Anyone heard anything for Geography? I'm applying as an EU student and I still haven't heard from them.. :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Pemble

Well done!! Do you mind saying what grades you have? Have you applied for first or second year entry? Thanks!
Original post by Alex210
Thanks a lot!!

*INdependent, not dependent! I guess you worked that out....
Got a St Andrews CS offer of AAB for the 4 year BSc course a couple days ago.
Original post by alex_naughton
Anyone heard anything for Geography? I'm applying as an EU student and I still haven't heard from them.. :frown:

Same here, too, apart from that I'm in England. Two months of waiting..... :frown:
Original post by ¡Muy bien!
Well done!! Do you mind saying what grades you have? Have you applied for first or second year entry? Thanks!

A*A*A first year entry.
Is anyone else still waiting to hear about CS?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending