The Student Room Group

Are vegetarian guys unattractive?

I was reading an article on DM which said that vegetarian guys are seen by girls as less masculine and therefore less attractive. Even by other vegetarians apparently. The article said that vegetarian men shouldn't be discouraged because after all not all girls like masculine men (lol?)

Is this actually true for you? wouldn't a vegetarian girl prefer to date a vegetarian guy?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It all just depends on the girl. Some women may prefer vegetarian guys :P
Reply 2
Original post by pelicqn
It all just depends on the girl. Some women may prefer vegetarian guys :P

Which is why I said if it's true for you.
Reply 3
Meat and diary are pumped full of nasty chemicals, including massive amounts of estrogen, you can make your own conclusions from that.

Whether vegetarian and vegan men are masculine or not has nothing to do with their diet. Another close minded, offensive, ignorant and factually inaccurate article by the Daily Mail.
I think it's very attractive for a man to be vegetarian - it shows he cares about animals and the environment, and is confident and secure enough in himself to do what he believes is right, despite stupid stereotypes against male vegetarians.
Reply 5
I'm pescatarian and don't seem to have any trouble getting the attention of girls. I guess I have a bit of a scruffy face and occasionally work as a mountain guide though so maybe it balances out.
Reply 6
As long as they didn't try and change my diet or judge me for eating meat then I would happily date a vegetarian.
Reply 7
Original post by Dheorl
I'm pescatarian and don't seem to have any trouble getting the attention of girls. I guess I have a bit of a scruffy face and occasionally work as a mountain guide though so maybe it balances out.

I'm veg, I've a "soft face" and I work in a museum.

FML.
Lol who cares what my guy eats? He can be whatever he wants to be.
Original post by Anonymous
I was reading an article on DM which said that vegetarian guys are seen by girls as less masculine and therefore less attractive. Even by other vegetarians apparently. The article said that vegetarian men shouldn't be discouraged because after all not all girls like masculine men (lol?)

Is this actually true for you? wouldn't a vegetarian girl prefer to date a vegetarian guy?

Have you seen PETA's latest pro-vegan (I know this thread is about vegetarians but indulge me please) advert? The one that got banned from television in the States? :rofl:
I'm vegan, can deadlift over 200kg, run a sub 18 minute 5k and I am competing in the world's hardest Ironman triathlon this year.

Not eating meat doesn't define you as a person. It does, however make you healthier.
Original post by Spock's Socks
As long as they didn't try and change my diet or judge me for eating meat then I would happily date a vegetarian.

What if they wanted to do most of the cooking, and only cooked vegetarian things (and were actually a really good cook)?

That is more or less the strategy I am planning on taking if I find myself in a relationship with a meat-eater.
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
What if they wanted to do most of the cooking, and only cooked vegetarian things (and were actually a really good cook)?

That is more or less the strategy I am planning on taking if I find myself in a relationship with a meat-eater.

I wouldn't mind eating some vegetarian dishes but I wouldn't give up meat entirely. I would cook my own meat dishes, I wouldn't expect them to cook meat for me.
Original post by Hydeman
Have you seen PETA's latest pro-vegan (I know this thread is about vegetarians but indulge me please) advert? The one that got banned from television in the States? :rofl:

Oh god no, why? was it cringe-worthy?
........This enrages me! NO! Vegetarian guys >>>>>> omnivorous guys any day! Sweeping generalisations are always irksome but when the aim is to convert men away from saving animals and the planet, that's just... I can't even...
Oh god no, why? was it cringe-worthy?

You have to be registered with Google as somebody who's 18 or older to even see it on YouTube. xD

Viewer discretion is advised. :mmm:

[video="youtube;coANMLRMirQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coANMLRMirQ[/video]
I had a crush on this guy once, and when I heard he was vegan I immediately supressed my feelings for him because there's nothing more sad than not being able to enjoy spicy chicken wings as a couple :sad:
Original post by enaayrah
I had a crush on this guy once, and when I heard he was vegan I immediately supressed my feelings for him because there's nothing more sad than not being able to enjoy spicy chicken wings as a couple :sad:

Very funny.
Original post by enaayrah

Haha that's cute and funny. But yeah I see your point. Luckily, my crush eats chicken. In fact, he made roasted chicken last night :biggrin:
Very funny.

He was hot (+masculine) though, dw
Original post by BrokenLife
Haha that's cute and funny. But yeah I see your point. Luckily, my crush eats chicken. In fact, he made roasted chicken last night :biggrin:

:teehee:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending